Description de l'offre
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle Social Cloud | Backend Developer | Java and Ruby | Hyderabad
Are you interested in building cloud services which involves breadth of big data technologies? Are you interested working in technologies used by big data startups?
Have you been fascinated by the sophisticated technology involved in the social world?
We are a group of successful start-ups (namely, Collective Intellect, Involver, Vitrue) acquired by Oracle and integrated product is offered as Oracle Social Cloud Service (OSCS), a data-as-a-service (DaaS) cloud service. Social Cloud helps businesses (our customers) to connect to their customer for sales and marketing needs.
Social Cloud is a loosely coupled distributed system processing hundreds of millions of internet and social messages from sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Blogs, News, Boards, Review forums, etc. every day, identifying the signals in text using Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques, and finally delivering the signals to our customers (i.e. businesses).
As a member of the Social Cloud backend team, you will assist in defining, designing, developing, debugging, deployment and operations of software service(s) in Oracle’s own public cloud. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment and full competency in their area of ownership. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. The candidates should be very tech smart and be able to ramp up on products independently and quickly. It is good if you have experience in developing product from scratch. Engineers from premier institutes (like IIT, NIT etc.) will be a good match.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· 6+ years of product development experience is a must
· 3+ years of Core Java Programming is a must
· 3+ years of Ruby on Rails Programming is a must
· Good knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structures is a must
· Good with Software Architecture, Design and Coding
· Self-motivated with strong capability of fast learning
· Excellent analytical and Problem Solving Skills
· Working experience in a geo-distributed product development team is a plus
· Prior experience in building scalable solutions handling lots of data is a huge advantage
· Moderate knowledge of Linux operating system, Bash Shell is a must
· Experience with Distributed System technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Redis, etc. is an advantage
· Basic knowledge of building REST Services is an advantage
· Good knowledge of text processing, stemming, NLP, sentiment analysis is an advantage
· Experience with text processing technologies like Solr/Lucene, Elastic, etc. is an advantage
· Good knowledge of image processing, convolution neural networks is an advantage