Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Ideal candidate profile
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operates at high-scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
We are looking for a talented User Experience (UX) Designer to join the DevOps Portal team and design innovative developer experiences in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. We are at an early stage, working on ambitious new initiatives. Your work will have direct impact on both the user experience and the industry as we work to redefine this space.
• You are passionate about good UI and creating best-in-class experiences.
• You obsessively advocate on the users' behalf, have a clear understanding of their goals, and how they align or conflict with business goals and technical constraints.
• You effectively collaborate with other team members and make positive contributions to interactions with cross-functional disciplines including product management, engineering, documentation, QA, and support to successfully go from early stage product discovery to deployment.
• You create and deliver high-quality, detail-oriented, user interface designs, information architecture diagrams, interaction models, and UI prototypes.
• You explore a variety of design directions before arriving at a solution, and routinely conduct design reviews with other designers, and cross-functional team members.
• You are able to articulate your design decisions with sound logic, and provide supporting arguments that include data, user research or industry standards.
• You know when to dig deep, when to pushback, and also when to make trade-offs to get things done.
Collaborate. Innovate. Simplify. Iterate.
Work closely with cross-functional teams—including product managers, engineers, content strategists, quality assurance, and support—to create elegant and easy to use designs that meet the requirements and raise the user experience bar.
Create user profiles or personas.
UX Designer Job Description
• Generate user interface requirements from business goals, project requirements, technical and time constraints.
• Create process flows, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and visual designs to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interactions.
• Give and solicit feedback from other designers and team members.
• Present your work to and garner buy-in from cross-functional team members, stakeholders and leadership.
• Provide detailed design documentation and deliverables that support and enable implementation efforts across engineering, content strategy, and quality assurance, in delivering high-quality software at a high velocity.
• Contribute to design patterns and processes.
• Contribute to design strategy and thought leadership discussions.
• BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, CS or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 3+ Years of industry experience in UX design, Information architecture or Visual Design. Experience with visual and interaction design tools (Adobe CS, Sketch, InVision etc.)
• Ability to support your work verbally and visually with well-thought out design rationale, data, or user research.
• A portfolio or selection of work samples demonstrating creative and innovative design solutions.
• Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment directly with developers for implementation of designs.
• Passion for UI/UX and designing modern front-end applications
• Experience with responsive and/or mobile design.
• Experience conducting user research and usability studies.
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing.
• Experience with HTML/CSS/JS.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the DevOps Portal team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.