Description de l'offre
Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle products and services. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
Work with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Authority for end-to-end performance and operability. Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio. Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles. Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the affect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent. Solid knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance. Experience running large scale customer facing web services. Solid understanding of load balancing technologies and experience with development in programming languages, databases and big data stores, and container technologies. Work involves defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products. A minimum of 2 years experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing world-class team to engineer cutting edge Oracle Cloud technologies and infrastructure that make up the Oracle Cloud solutions. As part of the SRE team, you will be continually challenged and have an opportunity to contribute to the Oracle Cloud success every day while working closely with the development partners.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will solve interesting technical challenges by defining, designing, deploying, and troubleshooting key Oracle Cloud services, platforms, and infrastructure while always keeping reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance in mind.
The ideal candidate for this engaging role would have the experience of a developer, the wits of a systems and infrastructure whiz, and the courage of a spirited "closer". All these qualities bundled up in an affable communicator in order to make our Oracle Cloud customers successful.
What You'll Do
· · Monitor - Define Service Level Objectives (SLO) and implement/monitor Service Level Indicators (SLI) for production services. Aggregate data from multiple monitoring tools, normalize, and build tools and alerts for the overall system health.
· · Service Ownership –You will be part of the SRE team, whose mission is the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas, with our Development partners.
· · Ownership Scope – As an SRE, you will be a member of a team that will understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of the production services you own. In partnership with your Development partners, you and your team will have the responsibility to ensure that services are designed and delivered to be mission critical with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance.
· · Service Design – As the Oracle Cloud evolves; you will partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture, both current and future. As an SRE, you will be an expert at articulating technical characteristics of your services and the dependencies between services and guide Development teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio.
· · Operations Engineering – You will understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes and requirements of the services you own. You are a Subject Matter Expert, able to understand and communicate every characteristic of your service stack, such as:
· o degradation and behavior under load of the services and their dependencies
· o end-to-end tuning needs, optimizing resource utilization, as load patterns fluctuate
· o Instrumentation and metrics that clearly describe the service behaviors
· o scaling requirements and patterns
· o resiliency and recoverability, ensuring that backup / restore and disaster recovery capabilities are implemented, tested and maintained
· · - Automation – You will have a clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles, and will be eager to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises, while simultaneously eliminating technical debt. Automation must be part of your DNA.
· · - Prevention - Once you have expertly resolved an issue, you will immediately work on how to more quickly resolve the problem next time, with the goal to eventually prevent the problem happening ever again
· · - Broad Interests - SREs are a rare mix of sysadmins and development Engineers, and as such have the ability to understand and explain the effect of product architecture decisions on the ability to run as distributed systems. They are driven by professional curiosity and a desire to develop deep understanding of their services and the technologies they depend upon.
· · - Represent SRE - Proactive, self-motivated, customer-focused, organized, and a good communicator. SRE can be expected to represent Cloud products and engineering in sensitive forums.
What You Need to Have
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent
2 - 4 years of experience running large scale customer facing web services in a DevOps/SRE environment
Aptitude to be a good team player and the willingness to learn and implement new Cloud technologies as needed
Methodical approach to troubleshooting complex problems
- Linux internals
- Scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.
· · Monitoring and Instrumentation
· · DevOps toolchain
What the Perfect Candidate Will Have
Configuration Management and Infrastructure automation tools such as Salt, Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
· · REST APIs
· · Load balancing technologies
· · Networking and TCP/IP
· · Server hardware configuration
· · Standard Internet services, such as DNS, HTTP, etc.
· · Cloud computing patterns
· · Databases and big data stores
· · Container and Container Management technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
· · Defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products