Date: Oct 12, 2018
Location: Cergy-Pontoise, FR
Solution Architect (H/F) - 25062
Technology and Engineering - France Cergy-Pontoise, Île-de-France
Nielsen Technology Buy is managing an application suite called CIP (Consumer Information Platform)
· used for Nielsen business across countries and continents
· covering all end to end core production processes for RMS and CPS business lines
· producing every week thousands of datamarts delivered to clients across the world
· including Intranet applications to drive production, and Internet web applications for customers' usage
CIP application suite is composed of various application components, leveraging Oracle database, WebLogic and Java, C++ on high performance linux environments.
CIP development projects are managed in Agile mode, leveraging SAFe framework and Scrum.
CIP releases are designed, built and implemented on regular sprints on DevOps mode.
We are looking for a Technology Solution architect to interface CDAR and CIP, with the ability to lead / contribute into many projects in parallel
· Help analyse requirements with requester – able to challenge requirements
· Design efficient and automated technology solutions
· Prepare cost estimate for building a new software feature, from design to delivery in production, able to break it into manageable user stories
· Drive developers during development and testing in Agile mode
· Can suggest test cases to users, and help drive UAT with users
· Can assist users to determine all pre-requisites / actions to setup and rollout new capabilities
· Advanced support and diagnostic when any issue arises, and that cannot be resolved by Ops or by L1/L2 helpdesk
The position requires recent and strong knowledge and hands-on experience on Agile software development with Oracle datawarehouse, Oracle PL/SQL, Hadoop big data, Java and C++ in a linux environment, with huge focus on quality, performance and on-time delivery.
The position would be fit for a high potential developer / technical lead, willing to move to a solution design position, keeping hands-on and close interaction with software development activities.
Leadership and excellent communication skills are a must, as the candidate will have to interact with technical experts, infrastructure, testers and users (Operations, Data Science, and Commercial).
The candidate should be very curious and proactive to identify and develop opportunities to improve platform design, performance and quality.
The accountability will include following Nielsen standard processes for Agile project management, software development, DevOps and reporting.
Experience and soft skills Required:
· High potential profile with leadership skills, able to manage users expectations
· Proven success in major software development in complex environments using Oracle databases with high volumes of data, Java and C++
· A first successful experience on software design will be an advantage
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Ability to interact with business stakeholders and to translate technical detail into non-technical format, to communicate concepts in a non-technical manner.
· Strong Interpersonal & Influencing skills
· Pro-active, result-oriented, rigorous, flexible with hands-on attitude
· IT Related degree or equivalent qualification / experience.
· Agile : JIRA, Confluence
· Database : Oracle 12c
· Languages : Oracle PL/SQL, Java
· English : fluent
Nice to have
· Web Server : Oracle Weblogic, TomEE
· Languages : Oracle OCCI, C++, Python, Hadoop, Spark
· Web development : Struts, jsp, JSF, Angular, d3.js
· Scripting : PERL, Ruby
· Workflow and integration : Tibco MFT, Tibco Business Works
· Version control : GitHub
· DevOps : Jenkins, Ansible, Docker
Tools : Google, Microsoft Office
Nielsen France moving to Bezons in February 2019
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world's population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com