Description de l'offre
Date: Aug 26, 2018
Location: Emeryville, CA, US
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Gracenote is made up of over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Software Engineer for Music.
Gracenote's Music Team is involved in a wide variety of projects and technologies relating to music, from media recognition to recommendation systems, to data processing and modeling, to machine listening, to data ingestion and wrangling, to online API, application and web tools development and the list goes on! In your role on the team you will become an expert in Gracenote's music technologies and platforms, and work on our projects from conception to completion by researching and prototyping solutions, solving problems, developing tools, and writing parts or all of production system components.
· 2-5 years of experience as an engineer in the industry with demonstrable experience in building and maintaining complete software projects
· An interest in working on an ever-changing list of music related projects
· Experience in organizing, exchanging, and processing data (ETL, API development, big data processing)
· Experience in both employing off-the-shelf software for rapid progress as well as 'writing your own'
· Linux / Unix knowledge required
· Knowledge with DB technologies required (either SQL, NoSQL or both)
· Hadoop/Hive experience preferred but not required
Preferred but not required:
· Some experience with deploying and operating cloud-based and/or distributed infrastructure (AWS, Containers such as Kubernetes, Continuous Integration)
· Enthusiastic about music, music data, and solving problems in this space
· Must have great communication skills and be able to work well in teams
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland