Description de l'offre
Date: Oct 4, 2018
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Software Engineer - 27730
Technology and Engineering - USA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Here at Nielsen, we're defining What's Next by bringing together an unmatched diversity of data about people, what they watch, and how they behave. As part of the Rhiza team you'll provide that data to Nielsen customers through a next-generation data delivery and visualization platform.
The role: we're looking for another great software engineer to help add features across our application stack. Our software provides powerful information visualization and data reporting capabilities across a wide range (and ever-growing) set of data. We're constantly adding new features, improving ease-of-use, and optimizing the system. If you're excited about being able to contribute new capabilities on the front-end and the back-end, and you like working with a small, agile team to deliver amazing software, we'd love to talk to you!
· Write solid code that is well designed, testable, and efficient
· Actively participate in product planning and daily team stand up meetings
· Produce specifications and determine time lines, consistently document status updates
· Collaborate on software projects with product design and backend aspects
· Investigate problems discovered by QA and develop solutions
· Learn and apply emerging technologies and techniques to find new ways to efficiently create software
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
· Strong analytical skills to resolve issues and problems with a minimal amount of supervision
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong commitment to software quality
Desired areas of expertise:
· Experience developing sophisticated data driven software platforms
· Strong command of Python
· Experience with data warehouses, relational databases, and ORM tools
· Experience delivering enterprise software
· Experience with cloud service technologies, ex: AWS
· Experience with container technologies, ex: Docker
· Experience with source control systems, ex: GIT
· Information visualization
· 'Big data' systems and analysis
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world's population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.