Date: Sep 29, 2018
Location: Diemen, NL
Software Developer - 14060
Technology and Engineering - Netherlands Diemen, North Holland
This position is responsible for analyzing, developing, testing, and supporting highly complex in-house data coding application software and services in C#.NET and PLpgSQL / Postgres. These software applications and ETL processes must be developed and maintained with high-quality standards and minimal defects. These data coding/ETL software applications are used within Nielsen Watch business to code and analyze advertisement related data.
· Develop highly complex in-house data coding software applications (Rich - Clients) and services, which are maintainable, easy to use, and satisfy application requirements.
· Conduct and participate in technical reviews of highly complex software, evaluating the proposed technical solutions and recommending appropriate revisions for efficiency and maintainability.
· Close cooperation with product owner and stakeholders.
· Coordinates support to internal users and support staff by investigating application incidents for missing or incorrect functionality and by assessing and applying incident resolutions leading to timely, error free revisions in applications
· Work as team member in a Scrum team
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
· Very good C # (Windows Forms / WPF) / .NET framework - knowledge. Preferred experience of three years or more in .NET Windows software development
· Several years of experience with relational databases, preferred with Postgres
· Good knowledge in OOD (modeling, design and development)
· Very good understanding of data structures and algorithms
· Very good English skills (written and spoken). Other EU languages like Dutch/German skills are a plus
· Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good team worker, preferable experience with Scrum
· Experience with Amazon cloud solutions is a plus