Date: Oct 10, 2018
Location: Halifax, CA
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications and in car entertainment. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Comcast, Google, Spotify, Amazon and Virgin Media, top consumer electronics and cable companies, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota, throughout the US and the world. Simply put, Gracenote data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
We are looking for a driven Service Application Support Developer specialist to become part of our agile Sports team here in Bayers Lake Halifax. We're looking for people with programming skills that are quick learners, self-starters, and take ownership of their work. Our systems are largely built using Java/.NET-based technologies, but we're looking for smart, driven individuals that have a variety of technologies in their toolbox.
The Service Application Support Developer specialist is responsible for resolving or escalating site issues from submission/detection to fulfillment/resolution. You will be working a rotating schedule within your team, and your primary duties include technical triaging, providing status updates and communications to management as required. Other responsibilities would include:
· Identifying common issues and working toward long term solutions
· Maintaining internal applications
· Internal documentation
· Working closely with management and development team to execute on tasks
· Base unit testing as work/functionality is completed
· Technical Diploma or Bachelor's degree is required
· Ability to program in technologies such as Java, Angular JS, React, Node, XML, SQL Server
· Knowledge of GIT, Jenkins, Bamboo and other Continuous Integration services
· Well versed in Linux and Windows operating systems.
· Experience with third party and open source tools such as Hibernate and Spring would be considered an asset
· Superior written and oral communication
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Problem solving skills necessary
· Excellent time management skills
Nice to Have:
· Technical documentation skills an asset
· Sports knowledge
· Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
Our passion for sports, music and TV is at the heart of everything we do. But, what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Halifax to Copenhagen, we are building the team that's going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment is celebrated and innovation can come from anyone, not just people with offices and fancy titles.
Gracenote has the soul of a small company, with the benefits and stability of a global leader. We offer competitive compensation and a full range of health benefits and the opportunity to learn and advance your career. Not to mention, the biggest data and coolest technology.