It's an amazing time to be joining the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. We are enabling people to have more control over what they watch and when they watch it. Our efforts have helped to grow Netflix to over 117 million members globally, and we won’t stop there. That's where you come in. As a Product Reliability Engineer within the Customer Service org, you will apply systems analysis techniques to internal services at Netflix with the end goal of resolving product complexity for our global user base working within our Studio and Production environments. Practically speaking, this requires designing and documenting procedures, analysis, and testing techniques for the purpose of ensuring services are working optimally for our users. This includes error and fault tracking, alerting, release and canary testing, among other common reliability practices. Separately, this role requires great communicators, storytellers, and advocates who can consult with a wide vertical of groups, including production/post-production teams, technical support teams, product designers, and data-science teams who share integrated services with the Netflix Studio products. Your end goal with these groups is to facilitate and spearhead initiatives to resolve product complexity based on data-informed decision making, building insights models, and utilizing robust Big Data resources and customer service sentiment to extract and tell compelling stories.
· Design and document procedures, analysis, insight models, and alerting techniques for the purpose of ensuring services are working optimally for our users, including error and fault tracking, data audits and alerting triggers
· Develop strong cross-functional relationships with business partners across Physical Production, Creative Production, Studio Training, Consumer Insights, Data Engineering, Data Science, Business Development, Engineering, and Quality teams
· Advocating for users and stakeholders by exposing friction and reliability concerns within the products that also drive pain for customer service
· Apply systems analysis techniques to internal services at Netflix: including writing complex SQL statements and joins and creating visualizations to tell clear stories about product complexity
· Assist in managing Netflix’s reaction to emergency events as a crisis or incident lead, or as a subject-matter-expert
· Travel and help develop our frontline technical workforce