Netflix is changing the way more than 190 million subscribers around the world enjoy entertainment. As a company, we challenge industry norms by pushing one another to think creatively about complex questions. Our legal team is no exception. We think critically about the range of legal issues our business faces and act in a manner consistent with our freedom and responsibility culture, one marked by a bias toward action, collaborative work, candid discussions, by leaning into smart risks and taking ownership of bold decisions. Our culture is quite unique, and we live by our values, so we encourage learning more about Netflix at https://jobs.netflix.com/culture
We are looking for a Legal Analyst with a sharp eye for details and a passion for solving problems. You will dive into our systems to investigate and understand the root cause of the claims filed by consumers. In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for managing consumer claims, resolving legal disputes (in and outside of court), and a key partner and advisor to our Customer Support team. You will observe trends and use your findings to provide insights to other areas of the business. We are looking for a candidate with strong judgement, who knows how to use data to inform decisions, and understands operations. Though part of the Legal Team, being an attorney is not a requirement for this role.
· Investigate claims and work with Outside Counsel to fully handle them, ensuring an innovative yet successful approach;
· Organize, log, and maintain accurate data regarding the volume and types of consumer claims for reporting purposes, and to drive product and customer experience improvements;
· Work closely with engineering teams across the company to help build and test relevant tools;
· Act as legal liaison and partner with the CS teams to investigate, get insights, and draft responses to legally sensitive consumer complaints;
· Partner with other areas of the business to gather information needed to handle the claims and provide insights.
· Experience with Consumer Claims or Legal Operations (nice to have) ;
· Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably with little guidance, but use good judgment to escalate issues when needed;
· Attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved or eliminated if no longer relevant;
· Excellent communication skills, including an ability to explain complex information clearly and effectively to different audiences;
· Ability to maintain a positive and constructive attitude in ambiguous situations, and to manage complex issues in a productive manner;
· High level of curiosity and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics;
· Fluency in English is a requirement for this role;