Description de l'offre
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. Have you ever wondered how we account for content in our financial statements? Are you curious and invested in how to automate workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy managing and analyzing large data that is used in critical business decisions? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues in Los Angeles who share a passion to continue to build the premiere entertainment company in the world that is powered by technology.
This role provides you the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service, and how to supplement that content through consumer products, music, or other off Netflix service distribution. With continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing, and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix.
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
· We find that individuals who quickly obtained Senior level at a studio or public accounting firm are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you’re a Senior or a rising star Senior, we’d love to talk to you!
· Fundamentals of Accounting- We'd like you to have 3+ years of relevant accounting experience under your belt backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance; CPA license is preferred.
· Attention to detail + love for data - We pride ourselves on producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
· Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for designing and building new accounting systems and making improvements to existing systems. Prior work with contract review (revenue, leases, or other complex documents), data entry and analysis, research, and other problem-solving tasks is helpful, but we understand you probably have never done content accounting. That's OK with us because we'll teach you as long as you're excited about learning.
· Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
· Industry experience is not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position, have a strong accounting background and capable of learning quickly.
· Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects.
· You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view .
MORE DETAILS / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Based in our Hollywood office, reporting to the management team in Content Accounting.
· Part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization).
· Set up (in proprietary contract management system) and accounting of content license contracts, with focus on license fee uploads and payment term assignments.
· Review and documentation of content license agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
· Accounting for owned content produced for the territories outside of the U.S.
· Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects.
· Cross-functional interaction with teams outside of Content Accounting, including those across finance and content acquisition organizations.
As Netflix continues its original content expansion, the accounting and operational complexities are also growing. There are new challenges we're facing, and there's plenty of fun we're having. Come be a part of it and help make a positive impact!
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.