Description de l'offre
“Local influence and international opportunity and global impact”
Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time,
Act rate 100%
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of three major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences and Food Safety & Analytical Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd .
Demonstrating excellent problem solving skills and autonomy , you will be supporting the development, innovation and renovation of fermentation processes with a focus on probiotics. Support to key projects to deliver natural taste & texture as well as the optimization of nutritional composition of ingredients or health benefits. This includes the in-silico identification of probiotic strain, screening for phenotypical targets and process optimization/scale-up based on the needs of the projects/business.
· Drive and execute research projects in the area of fermentation processes, including development of probiotics
· Contribute to leading and executing the scale up of results and ensure link with pilot plant and Nestlé Product Technology Centers (industrial setting)
· Lead and execute the optimization of reaction/fermentation conditions in view of feasible applications
· Contribute to establishing adequate analytical methods for identification of fermentation impact
· Develop and maintain own areas of expertise including writing of impactful publications/communications
· Focus on good stakeholder management with the aim to transfer and adopt proposed solutions around probiotics or other fermentation processes to Nestlé Product Technology Centers and/or business/markets
· Generation of IP in the area of food fermentation
Education and experience
· Engineering degree or PhD in the area of Food fermentation, Brewing, Biochemical process engineering, ideally related to probiotics
· Min 2-3 years' experience in scale-up of fermentation technology from lab to pilot scale (>100 kg) or industrial scale
· Hands on experience in fermentation or probiotics technology
· Ability to think strategically and application oriented
· Fluency in English
Show us that you have excellent result focus and analytical skills. Your ability to contribute to a climate for innovation/renovation and knowledge sharing, combined with a strong proactive cooperation is what will set you apart among the other candidates.
Your sense of initiative and capacity to build relationships, combined with good understanding of business environment are assets to our company.
If you are interested in joining a very international scientific environment and if you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English on www.nestle.com/jobs with your CV, cover letter and full list of publications.
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. Employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. The product development is based on nutritional science lead research for being able to propose healthier product to consumer. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestle Research develop also biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition.
Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com .
À propos de Nestlé
Numéro 1 mondial de l'agro-alimentaire. Nestlé est l'entreprise leader en Nutrition et Bien-être, reconnue comme la référence dans son secteur. Nestlé est présent dans 130 pays. En France, avec 3 sièges sociaux, 30 sites industriels et 5 centres de recherche, Nestlé est implanté dans de nombreuses régions .