Description de l'offre
Scientist in Early Life Nutrition
“I want to create a better world and build a better business”
Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract,
act. rate 100%
Over the last 5 years, the 800-staff of our Nestlé Research organization has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research also collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. It is organized with three research institutes: Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences, Nestlé Institute of Material Sciences and Nestlé Institute of Food Safety & Analytical Sciences. Research Units focusing on Healthy Ageing, Maternal Nutrition, Clinical Development, PetCare and Plant Science complement these major Institutes. Nestlé Research delivers game-changing scientific discoveries to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future (learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd).
Demonstrating excellent team spirit and collaboration skills, your main responsibility will be to develop and execute research in infant/toddler nutrition and lactation, especially in relationship with growth and development. You will also be responsible to develop scientific network in the field of early nutrition and metabolic programming, while providing scientific support to projects, business and markets.
· Manage research to develop nutritional and digital solutions targeting optimal infant, and toddler nutrition & health
· Explore new opportunities in the field of human milk research, infant and complementary feeding considering also behavioral aspects
· Design clinical trials for supporting claims or products communication
· Analyze large clinical datasets of cohorts of mothers and infants and investigate how milk composition is linked to health benefits for the infants to support claims or new product propositions
· Translate and valorize research outcomes in specific Strategic Business Units applications
· Manage internal and external collaborations
· PhD in Nutrition or MD in Pediatrics with specialization in Nutrition
· At least 3-4 years of experience working on early life nutrition research
· Previous experience in research in human milk
· Experience in conducting clinical research, including study design, methods and analysis
· Experience in analysis and design of epidemiological studies
· Proven track record in scientific communication, including presentations at scientific meetings and publications
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Show us that you have excellent communication skills and capacity to convey complex scientific topics to the business and other non-science audiences. Your ability to work in teams and collaborate, while in the same time being autonomous and self-starter will be highly appreciated. Your strong result focus and curiosity is what will set-you apart among the other candidates. If your profile corresponds to the description, please apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs , attaching your CV, cover letter and full publications list.
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. Employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. The product development is based on nutritional science lead research for being able to propose healthier product to consumer. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestle Research develop also biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition.
Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com .