Senior Patent Counsel (all genders)
Our OLED and Semiconductor Materials businesses follow a strong growth strategy – based on a solid IP position. This raises an exciting opportunity for a patent counsel supporting these businesses. The successful candidate will interact with our R&D, business, legal and patents teams providing counsel on IP matters identifying opportunities, risks and solutions to support the company’s business goals – requiring a solid knowledge about and good understanding of understanding of our businesses. You will have an active role in patent portfolio management through drafting, filing, prosecuting and defending patents. As a member of the global patent organization, you will also have opportunities to work on agreements and licenses, including negotiations. Some travel (domestic and/or international) may be required to support businesses on site.
Who You Are:
· Minimum 3 years of patent law experience, especially in drafting and prosecuting of chemical cases
· Minimum of a master / diploma degree in a relevant scientific area (e.g. chemistry). Advanced degree and/or experience in research and development a plus
· Qualified or aiming to be qualified as European Patent Attorney, preferably also qualified as German Patent Attorney or other Law degree
· Fluency in English required, German or other language skills are advantageous
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and manage risks
· Curious to solve business challenges with IP tools
· Skilled at effective time management
· Outstanding attention to detail
Job Requisition ID: 210495
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Semiconductor, R&D, Science, Research