At EMD Serono an exciting new opportunity has arisen within the Immuno-Oncology In-vitro Pharmacology group focusing on the development of therapeutics that modulate the immune system to attack tumors. The group’s major activity is developing protein drugs that influence T cell and NK cell activity. Responsibilities will include detailed development and precise implementation of in-vitro cell-based assay systems, critical data analysis, meticulous data recording and presentation of data.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology or other related Science discipline with 3+ years’ experience in Immunology and/or Immuno-Oncology (T cell biology) or Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology or other related Science discipline
· 3+ years of diverse experience at the bench including T cell functional assays assessing activation receptors, costimulatory molecules, and checkpoint receptors
· 3+ years’ experience of critical data analysis and recording of data at the industry level
· Master’s degree in Immunology or Cellular Biology with 2+ years of industrial experience or PhD in Immunology or Cellular Biology
· Background in Immunology/Immuno-oncology with bias in T cell biology as it relates to oncology
· Knowledge of NK cell biology
· High proficiency with immuno-assays including flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assays, cytokine release assays, IncuCyte live cell imaging, etc.
· Experience with protein therapeutics and cell line development
· Knowledge of IHC and pre-clinical biomarkers
· Excellent communication, organization and multitasking ability combined with the capacity to quickly adapt to project priorities to deliver data packages according to established timelines
· Ability to interact with senior management in matrix organization
· Track record of scientific accomplishment and publications in the advancement of new therapeutic concepts
· Capacity for providing intellectual input, creative insight and assisting in the design of project work-plans
· Ability to work independently and as part of multidisciplinary project teams
Job Requisition ID: 210465
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Oncology, Immunology, Scientist, Telecom, Telecommunications, Healthcare, Science, Technology