Scientist Biomarker Immuno-Oncology
At EMD Serono the Scientist, Biomarker Immuno-Oncology will be responsible for the hands-on execution of laboratory studies with a focus on biomarker discovery and validation in the immuno-oncology area. He/she will provide and grow expertise in translational and reverse-translational research to support the development of novel cancer immunotherapies. Working collaboratively the Scientist, Biomarker Immuno-Oncology will develop and conduct in vitro cell-based assays and histological studies to further our understanding of immunotherapy mechanisms of action and evaluate potential patient stratification and pharmacodynamic biomarkers.
· Design, execute and interpret in vitro and cell-based assays to determine mechanisms of action
· Conduct translational biomarker studies using samples from in vivo models and patients
· Read and critically evaluate literature, lead or contribute to scientific publications
Who You Are:
· Bachelor’s degree in a Medical or Life Science discipline with 3+ years’ experience in Immuno-oncology or Master’s degree in Immunology, Biology or other related Scientific discipline
· Postdoctoral research experience in academic or pharmaceutical industry settings
· Specific knowledge and hand-on experience in the following areas are highly desirable:
· Histological assays: Immunohistochemistry, multiplex immunofluorescence
· Tissue culture: cell line and primary cell culture
· Cell-based assays: co-culture assays, reporter assays, cytokine analysis
· Molecular Biology: qPCR, Western blotting, ELISA
· Meta-analysis of data from public databases
· Proficiency in data collection/documentation of all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribution to the authorship of scientific publications and regulatory submission documents
· Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team setting, troubleshoot effectively and think proactively
· A background in oncology, immunology or cancer immunology
Job Requisition ID: 210340
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Oncology, Immunology, Lab Technician, Medical, Scientist, Healthcare, Science