Manufacturing Operator 1 (2pm-10:30pm)
The Manufacturing Operator 1 will produce and purify chemical compounds to meet the demands and requirements of Millipore-Sigma customers.
· Safely handling chemicals, understanding of chemical reactions and hazards
· Stages and destages materials and equipment using pallet mules, manual equipment, and PIT
· Verifies quality and integrity of material and equipment used
· Identifies unsafe conditions and corrects them. Completes Safety Observation/Near Miss report with suggestions to improve/prevent condition
· Participates in incident investigations and safety meetings
· Achieves defined personal development goals
· Performs in-process analytical testing, including work-ups and simple interpretations as described in the MPR
· Identifies malfunctions in equipment operation, and with appropriate approval takes corrective action
· Basic job-related SAP applications
****Earn a $1000 Sign On Bonus payable after 30 days of employment****
Shift: M-F 2pm-1030pm
Pay rate: $17.50/hr +
Who you are:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Chemistry or Science related Associate Degree (chemical technician) OR 2+ years of college chemistry
· Experience working in a chemistry-related environment
· Effective oral and written communication skills, mechanical aptitude, basic mathematical skills
· Ability to read and understand written protocols
· Operate forklift or hand pallet truck, hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices
· Basic understanding of ISO and quality systems
Job Requisition ID: 208981
Location: Sheboygan Falls
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology, Quality