HVAC Technician II (2nd Shift)
Shift: 2nd Shift - Monday through Thursday - 10 hours per day
· Perform Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, utility systems.
· Complete assigned work orders.
· Participation in the call-in program.
· Successful completion of required training curriculum.
· Provides direction and expertise to others in the department
· Use the Management of Change Process effectively.
· Use good documentation practices.
· Direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
· Ability to accept direction and meet deadlines
· Reading, understanding, and follow through of work instructions and procedures.
· Writing clear, thorough work instructions.
· Utilize basic PC software (windows, word, Excel, email) and CMMS software.
· Entering of purchase requisitions in SAP.
· Operation of a forklift and man lift.
· Solve Algebra and Geometry problems.
· Read, redline, and understand all types of drawings/schematics.
· Operate hand tools, power tools, basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.).
· Reading of gauges and understanding of units of measure.
· Identify parts needed for a repair.
· Utilize precision measuring equipment.
· Possess understanding of materials of construction and chemical compatibility.
Electrical / Instrumentation Related Attributes
· Troubleshoot and correct VFD problems.
· Troubleshoot, design, install, maintain electrical power and control circuits up to 480V.
· Troubleshoot, install, repair lighting systems.
· Use electrical testing equipment.
· Thread and bend conduit and properly size conduit and wire per the NEC
· Troubleshoot electrical motors, repairs, installation.
· Utilize calibration equipment to calibrate or test all types of instrumentation.
· Troubleshoot and correct PLC or controller problems.
· Troubleshoot instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperature, etc.).
· Troubleshoot and repair analytical equipment/instrumentation.
HVAC Related Attributes
· Troubleshoot and repair air conditioning equipment and chillers.
· Troubleshoot and repair heating equipment and systems.
· Troubleshoot and repair ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems).
· Troubleshoot, maintain and repair dehumidification equipment.
· Troubleshoot, install, maintain heating systems.
· Perform solder and braze.
Mechanical Related Attributes:
· Perform boiler water and cooling tower chemistry tests.
· Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on boilers.
· Fabricate or repair parts using machining tools (lathe, mill, shear, break, press).
· Arc weld, tig weld, mig weld, and use a cutting torch.
· Troubleshoot and repair fluid and vacuum pumps.
· Troubleshoot and repair power transmission equipment.
· Troubleshoot and repair brake and clutch systems.
· Diagnose steam trap problems.
· Operate, repair, and troubleshoot of high purity water equipment.
· Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic control systems.
· Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic power systems.
· Troubleshoot and replace mechanical seals and bearings.
· Use hoists and rigging equipment.
· Troubleshoot and repair packaging equipment.
· Install new or repair/modify existing piping systems of all types.
· Test, operate, and repair fire protection systems.
· Perform equipment and piping visual and thickness testing.
· Inspect and repair glass lined process equipment.
Physical Attributes :
· Must be able to walk, stand, reach above the shoulders
· Use a cellular phone
· Use feet to operate equipment, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, use hands to operate tools and equipment.
· Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance.
· Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· May be required to wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield.
· Must be able to work at varying heights.
· Operation of company vehicles
Who You Are:
· High School Diploma or GED
· 3+ years of maintenance/HVAC experience
· EPA Certification
· Must have valid driver’s license
· Trade School degree
· Communicate using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to use excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to generate and lead process improvements.
· Ability to use excellent organizational and 5S skills.
· Ability to use excellent leadership skills.
· Ability to use self-motivation and high productivity skills.
· Ability to make decisions and resolve problems (analyze alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.).
· Possession of an applicable electrical, HVAC and/or Mechanical license(s).
· Ability to understand Ohm's law, AC/DC, Parallel and Series circuits, Industrial Electricity.
· Ability to understand electrical safety (grounding, arc flash, etc.).
· Understanding and use of building management systems.
Job Requisition ID: 189285
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Technician, ERP, Telecommunications, Telecom, SAP, Technology