General Ledger Accountant
As General Ledger Accountant in a global Shared Service Center, you support providing internal customers with high quality, accurate, and timely financial data and reports to enable informed business decisions. Moreover, you support accounting processes, post to the general ledger, handle payroll and benefits, maintain master data, maintain and reconcile multiple balance sheet accounts, prepare financial statements for the regional subsidiaries of the Merck Group and perform less complex financial analysis tasks. In addition, you provide support during audit or pre-audit tasks, compliance activities and other related accounting duties as assigned by management.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Degree in a business related discipline preferred
· Initial work experience in accounting/finance with direct related experience with full-cycle General Ledger Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Inventory Accounting.
· Experience with Payroll & HR Benefit accounting
· Experience within a Shared Services Center preferred
· Experience with SAP or other ERP system preferred (Local Legacy system, e.g. Scala)
· Fluent English language skills required
· Excellent quantitative, analytical, and Excel skills required
· Willing to be based in BGC, Taguig, Metro Manila
Job Requisition ID: 207380
Location: National Capital - all
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology