Staff Health Officer - PsychologistJob Offer
(strictly no recruitment agencies)
Médecins Sans Frontières Suisse has a vacancy for a
Staff Health Officer – Psychologist
3 months, 50%
MSF CH has around 520 International staff, 250 headquarters staff, and 5,600 national staff in field missions. There are approximately 1,400 annual departures of International staff to MSF missions.
MSF has a responsibility to ensure that staff are adequately prepared and supported whilst on mission or working in HQ which includes preventive and curative, physical and mental health care. The nature of MSFs work may expose individuals to additional health risks and MSF aims to minimise and mitigate these risks.
The Psychologist Staff Health Officer is enrolled in activities essential to preserve the psychological aptitude of MSF Staff, and in offering mental health support whenever needed through direct support or using available ressources.
Individualised support for MSF staff
- Provide direct psychological support for expats and HQ staff whenever needed.
- Evaluate and follow-up, together with Staff health coordinators, individuals in distress or situations that can possibly produce additional psychological suffering.
- In the event of a critical incident: Provide support in the field (travel to project or phone availability), to the expatriate and to other possible people involved (colleagues, family, friends…etc).
- Get acquainted to routine of expatriates in mission and identify possible sources of psychological distress
- Support to response to critical incidents for individual and group sessions
- Participate in discussions on how to improve the assistance given to MSF staff.
- Coordinate psychological follow up of cases ad hoc with external specialists.
- Represent OCG Staff Health Unit in meetings related to psychological care of staff.
- Participate in trainings to prepare expatriates for missions.
Coordination of services
- Provide practical and timely advice to improve the organisation of activities in projects and relations with HQ to minimize psychological distress in the workplace.
- Maintain relations with external consultants and gather recommendations from different partners.
- Schedule psychological support sessions in staff briefing/debriefing for direct support or within the network established.
- Collect and organize data from services provided
- Clinical psychologist or psychiatrist
MSF OCG – HQ recruitment - 12.09.18
- At least 3 years professional experience
- Experience with psychological trauma is mandatory
- Field experience with MSF is highly desirable
- Very good organisational skills
- Availability to travel to the field if needed
- Flexible, approachable, communication skills, ability to work independently, cultural sensitivity, good stress management.
- Fluency in French and English
- 3rd language is an advantage
Terms of Employment
- Fixed-term contract 3 months, part-time position (50%)
- Based in Geneva, frequent travels to the field
- Ideal starting date: 1st October 2018
- Gross monthly salary (50%) : CHF 3’774.- to CHF 4’330.- (salary commensurate with experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply
Interested candidates should send by email only their application (CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max.
- English or French – 5MB max) to stating in the subject line «Staff Health Psy
Closing date for application is 26th September 2018. The applications will be treated confidentially. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details on the job offer or MSF, please visit our website: http://www.msf.ch/travailler-avec-nous/
MSF OCG – HQ recruitment - 12.09.18