Description de l'offre
Being a Mars Associate is all about opportunity. The opportunity to do the kind of challenging, interesting work that shapes the world's best-loved brands. To work with real purpose, supported by talented, friendly people from all sorts of different backgrounds. And to access the tools, training, and experience you need to have a positive impact on our business, on the planet, and, most importantly, on your own career. Being a Mars Associate is more than a job. It's the opportunity to start your tomorrow, today.
At the heart of Antech is our love for pets. Combining innovative technologies backed by scientific rigor with data-driven insights and consultative moments, we help veterinarians and their teams improve the health and well-being of the pets we love. Our commitment to customers spans more than 30 years and celebrates their dedication to setting new standards in pet care quality, which we support through innovative diagnostic, imaging, education and support services.
Antech was founded in 1986 as Veterinary Centers of America and in 1987 it was acquired by VCA. It has evolved over the years thanks to key acquisitions and an innate understanding of the needs of veterinarians and their teams. Since 2017, Antech is driving the future of pet health as part of Mars Veterinary Health, a family-owned company focused on veterinary care.
Antech is a very valuable and growing businesses with 67 reference laboratories in US and Canada, serving 34,000 veterinarians. Antech’s revenue is ~$600 with the ambition to reach $1B by 2030.
Reporting to Antech’s President and as a member of the Antech Leadership Team, the VP, P&O has responsibility for leading people and organization activities across the company. The role will provide leadership, vision, and strategic planning for people and organization functions and initiatives. The role will be responsible for all areas in Human Resources: Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Total Rewards (compensation and benefits), Strategic Business Partnering, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Engagement, Culture and Operational Effectiveness.
Antech is undergoing an exciting transformation, building on our entrepreneurial history, while developing critical building blocks of future capabilities. The P&O VP has a unique opportunity to lead the journey of transforming the P&O function in Antech and shape the future of veterinary diagnostics care as part of Antech leadership team, leveraging the wider Mars Petcare and Vet Health Ecosystem as well as the fast paced, growth strengths of Antech. This person must be able to work both operationally and strategically, quickly identify what’s needed, define pragmatic solutions and mobilize teams to make it happen. This person needs to have an entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to be comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in ‘start up’ environments as well as work in a matrixed structure.
The role requires frequent travel across the US and some international travel (about 40%) and can be based in CA (Fountain Valley), NY (Lake Success), or remote.
What are we looking for?
· 10+ years’ experience in diagnostic or medical device, services or healthcare industries is preferred. Someone that understands what it means to be in a people business and the critical role P&O plays to the success of the business. In the absence of this experiences, someone with very high learning agility and a pragmatic approach to learn about services and P&O in this type of businesses (very different from CPG).
· Experience working in matrixed, multinational organization, within an international context/setting.
· Extend HR functional expertise to be able to lead the different areas of P&O, coach and develop effectively the P&O team and be a strong partner/advisor to the business leaders.
· Experience working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and fast growth business without having the fundamentals in place (resources, processes, metrics, etc.). The job holder must thrive working under high ambiguity, high pressure, complex matrix organization.
· Strong strategic and operational experience, leading transformation, OD, integration and change management. Hands on. Not afraid to roll-up his/her sleeves and do the work. A plus if the person also demonstrates the ability to play strategically and is commercially aware (i.e. someone that sees the big picture, bring innovative/transformations ideas and can talk and add value beyond P&O).
· People management experience (direct and indirect reports).
· Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
· Verbal and written fluency in English is essential. Strong communication skills are a plus
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Transform the P&O function in line with the new expectations of the business and the function. Execute the people strategy and 3 yr. roadmap, defining what resources are needed, capabilities, processes and KPIs needed to support Antech on their transformation journey.
· Contribute to the broader P&O Vet health strategy and implement that strategy in Antech ensuring alignment of priorities, resources and investment.
· Partner and help Antech CEO to develop a high performing and effective Leadership team, with clear priorities and accountabilities.
· Facilitate / Contribute in defining new operating models and leading the organization through change management.
· Partner with the functional leaders to help them with their OD to define the right org structure in line with the strategy and work in the next 3 years. Help functional leaders build the capabilities needed in the team. Drive change in operational capabilities for the business through the right 6B plans (buy, build, bind, etc.)
· Champion talent development and succession planning for critical roles. Lead the development of strong leaders and a robust talent pipeline through the recruitment, retention and development of a strong bench of leaders
· Through her team, develop and execute recruiting strategy, including employer brand and talent acquisition programs, engagement programs, L&D programs (with priority on sales and marketing capabilities), onboarding and other training programs.
· Partner with MVH Total Rewards to define and execute Antech’s TR strategy and roadmap.
· Bring Antech into the Mars family with a clear strategy and culture plan. Implement Mars governance processes.
· Lead systems upgrade for Antech, e.g. digitalizing P&O and associates’ experience, including Workday.
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive compensation package including generous benefits (i.e. 401k, health, etc.)
· Commitment to our Purpose and our Five Principles.
· An environment where all Associates feel valued, supported and comfortable being themselves at work.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Brooklyn
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Executive, VP, Change Management, Recruiting, Labor Relations, Management, Human Resources