A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Team Members are system experts in their assigned area, and are highly functional in multiple areas. They function as a member of a manufacturing area team which is directly responsible for the efficient production of quality products in the required quantities. They operate/change over specified machinery in the assigned area. The Team Members must have the skill set to train and/or perform the tasks of other associates in the area as needed. This job requires Strong Communication, Interpersonal and Team Building skills to support site objectives.
· Performs all assigned activities & job tasks within a manufacturing line or area
· Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner
· Takes corrective actions in solving problems to root cause level
· Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting
· Performs and/or works with Maintenance to complete equipment preventative maintenance (PM)
· Performs quality control (QC) tasks such as metal checks, inspection of date codes, item numbers, dump logs, etc
· High degree of ownership for product quality: Performs all standard QC & other quality related duties
· Maintain accurate records of quality checks (QC, production numbers or waste performance
· Keeps detailed log books: Performs all shift support documentation in a quality matter
· Be 18 years of age or older
· Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
· 1 year work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
· 1 year of experience in a manufacturing setting operating a variety of machines
· Must be willing and able to work varying/rotating shifts including weekends and holidays
· Ability to lift 50 lbs
· Ability to troubleshoot & resolve issues
· Ability to read/comprehend written and oral instruction in the English language
· Good listening and organizing skills
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, taking initiative with team along with other team members to train, motivate and solve problems
· Successful completion of a substance screening and background check
· Knowledge of inventory control principles
· Ability to operate a forklift/OSHA certification
· Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
· Experience with SAP or other warehouse management system
· Able to operate a computer and utilize the basic standard desktop systems (LSS, PSL, MIS, SQCIS, etc.)
· Understands production schedules, production computer systems, work instructions
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Allentown
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology