Description de l'offre
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Responsible for executing the day-to-day direct and indirect tax activities for the business units in Canada, ensuring that business units meet their tax objectives and obligations (e.g., tax compliance & reporting, tax controversies, transfer pricing and tax planning).
Ensure compliance and reporting deadlines are met in a timely manner with correct tax reporting and filing with relevant tax authorities for all applicable taxes including but not limited to corporate income tax, withholding taxes, VAT and such other similar direct and indirect taxes.
Consolidate and understand currency exposures for the business units in Canada.
Consolidate and understand cash forecasting for the business units in Canada.
Work closely with Business Unit S&F teams, Global Tax and Treasury (including Currency), Regional Tax and North American Treasury teams to ensure smooth execution of tax activities.
What are we looking for?
· University degree/ Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and additional professional accounting/tax qualification preferred.
· 3 to 5 years in tax function in an FMCG/MNC or Big 4 tax experience
· Experience in analyzing financial statements, preparation of tax returns.
· High learning agility of changing or new regulatory & tax legislations to preempt any business impact
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Prepare accurate tax computations in a timely manner to comply with statutory reporting for direct and indirect taxes (including corporate income tax, VAT, Customs duties and other similar taxes) and management reporting (including GAM, FIN48, A32, Transfer Pricing Data Collection Package).
· Prepare all required documentation in support of tax computations and submissions related to tax and transfer pricing matters in anticipation of tax audits and in accordance with tax defence strategy.
· Creation of documented audit trail to support all filing decisions
· At all times, follow the Principle of Mutuality in engaging with both internal (Business Units, Global Tax teams and external stakeholders (Tax Advisors, Tax Authorities).
· Ensure Tax Manager is informed of any notice for tax assessment or audit.
· Collect exposure information for the business units in Canada.
· Develop an understanding of the currency exposure drivers as the first point of contact for the Global Currency team.
· Collect information from the Canadian businesses for NCFO forecasting submission to North America / Global Treasury teams on a periodic basis.
What can you expect from Mars?
· Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as Royal Canin & Eukanuba.
· An industry competitive salary
· The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Accounting, Tax, Finance