A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Job Title: Sr. Maintenance Technician
Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia, USA
The MT-A will plan and perform a variety of production related duties requiring an expert degree of knowledge and skill. This position will support production operations by performing preventative and predictive maintenance activities as described in the MT-B description. However, the following additional KSA’s and responsibilities are required:
1. Fully qualified on all equipment in assigned area of responsibility to include operation, troubleshooting, and repair.
2. Independently conduct large scope project work and/or lead PM Pillar projects.
3. Considered Subject Matter Expert (SME) on assigned equipment; able to lead or conduct major overhauls and/or equipment modifications.
4. Supports the Engineering Department in equipment installations.
5. Plans and performs a variety of production related duties requiring an expert degree of troubleshooting knowledge and skill. This position holder will train MT-B’s in operating, troubleshooting, repairing, modifying and/or rebuilding assigned production equipment.
• Functions as the SME on equipment.
• Safety/GMP Leader in adhering to safe work practices; LOTO, Confined Space, and all other plant safety requirements related to supporting machinery
• Hold team members accountable to adhere to safety & GMP practices.
• Troubleshoot and repair higher level electrical and mechanical problems on processing and/or packaging equipment.
• Will plan and conduct PM’s and WO’s independently.
• Support Operations by training mechanics and operators in AM and PM activities.
• Use higher level TPM tools to include: 5-Why Analysis, Planned, Predictive, Condition Based, and Time Based Maintenance Activities.
• Good understanding and application of knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics and maintains, updates, and teaches application to MT-B level Mechanics.
• Use PLC to troubleshoot and calibrate electrical components; including identifying faulty equipment for all assigned equipment.
• Higher level of troubleshooting skills for hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical drive systems for assigned equipment.
• Make improvements to mechanical and electrical P.M.s on various manufacturing and packaging equipment, electrical panels, and document activities (WO’s/PM’s) using computerized maintenance management system (SAP Plant Maintenance).
• Lead a minimum of (2) PM Pillar Projects per year.
• Recognized as having a special skill in either: Fabrication, Welding, Electrical, Machinist, or Team Leader identified skill set.
• Recognize leader in properly communicating with peers, supervisors, and upper management on a daily basis, and be willing to provide support where needed and complete other duties as assigned by Team Leader..
· Minimum: of 5+ years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Technical Certificate or Equivalent Experience
· Troubleshoot and repair higher level electrical and mechanical problems on processing and/or packaging equipment.
· Use PLC to troubleshoot and calibrate electrical components; including identifying faulty equipment for all assigned equipment.
· Self-motivated and works independently to solve problems and implement solutions.
· Maintain good interpersonal skills and develops good working relationships with peers, supervisors, and upper management.
· Ability to climb stairs and ladders and frequent bending and stooping.
· Ability to enter and work in confined spaces (1st Aid and CPR Qualification Capable)
· Ability to handle/grip parts, tools, etc. and lift and maneuver up to 50lbs
· Ability to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of equipment, accurately read and interpret instruments and gauges (must have eyesight corrected to 20/40), and communicate clearly on portable radios.
· This position requires a Work Keys Certification and successful completion of the Standard Timing Model Assessment.
· Conflict Management
· Peer Relationships
· Drive for Results
· Action Orientation
· Functional/Technical Skills
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Gainesville GA
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Engineer, Electrical, ERP, Engineering, Technology