A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Mars Petcare / Royal Canin/Commercial
In its journey to be the world leader in health nutrition for cats and dogs, Royal Canin puts raw materials at the first step of the value chain. In order to maintain consistency in its finish product and fuel the innovation loops, the raw materials delivered to Royal Canin must reach best in class quality level. The EU supplier portfolio is composed of around 250 supplier’s sites, for 140 raw materials. Every days Royal Canin is receiving nearly 65 deliveries, which need to be under control.
She/he is accountable with the buyer that all suppliers respect Royal Canin quality expectations and values/fundamentals.
To succeed in his mission, the SQA Officer needs to build collaborative links internally with R&D, Q&FS, and Supply department, and externally with our suppliers in order to deploy MQM, HRCI, Mycotoxine and all Mars standards.
Audit, statistical data analysis, high knowledge of ISO norms (9001, 14001, 22000…) and Royal Canin 10 rules should be the foundation of a SQA daily job.
• Assure quality, food safety, and legality of raw material supplied to all manufacturing sites
• Manage Material-related exception & nonconformance
• Manage the MQM process through proper metrics and measures, consolidated and reported to key stakeholders
• Complete Supplier Quality Assurance commitments related to the Material Risk Assessment process (MRA)
• Drive continuous improvement of quality of RC RM at supplier level in collaboration with RC stakeholder
• Support the development and implementation of new raw materials in response to the Innovation Pipeline
• Anticipate/ Manage raw materials related issues and crisis effectively to minimize business impact
• Bachelor of Sciences degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or similar technical field
• First Experience in a technical area such as R&D product development, quality assurance, laboratory or food engineering
• Fluent in English and French is a must
End of applying : 31/10/2016
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.