When we make brands that put smiles on people’s faces and build better moments for millions, we feel a sense of pride in our work! Today, our iconic products like M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, EXTRA® and Skittles® are enjoyed in more than 180 countries.
An exciting opportunity for a Technician has become available in the Mars Slough factory within the technical shift team supporting the success of our globally admired brands such as Snickers, Maltesers and Galaxy.
Working as part of a small, reactive shift team, your primary role is to support factory production through the efficient diagnosis and resolution of complex technical issues across the site. This contribution will see you provide the technical element of the shift leadership teams where you will be expected to priorities workloads and work autonomously
What are we looking for?
· Minimum ONC / HNC or City & Guilds qualified
· Electrical or Mechanical Apprenticeship served.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Demonstrable experience of a technician role, preferably in the FMCG sector,
What would be your key responsibilities?
· First point of escalation for all plant breakdowns and, using their acquired mechanical, electrical, control and /or utilities skills, identify and implement corrective actions in an efficient, safe manner.
· Identify recurring problems and be capable of progressing preventative actions. Information sharing is key to ensuring breakdown repairs are accurately recorded, via SAP, and where necessary the wider team and stakeholders are informed through effective communication
· Support the development of our Operations associate’s technical skills through coaching in the moment, problem solving techniques and validating their technical competence.
· Support of the site through your involvement in the Emergency Team where, as a member of the team, you will provide first response to site incidents and share responsibility for providing shutdown cover.
What can you expect from Mars?
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
· A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
· The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and expertly.
Job Segment: Technician, ERP, Electrical, SAP, Technology, Engineering