Mars is looking for a Scientist Pathology in Mars La Chola (Ecuador), to join our team!
A mutually rewarding experience.
To work. Realize your ambitions. And realize that being in business is more than just generating profits. That is the philosophy of Mars. And the opportunity we offer to each of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and do that means more to you, to those around you and to the planet. What you get here is challenging and interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it; and at the same time, get to find ways to do business better than we did yesterday, drive a great career, and get to build a more enlightened business that leads to sustainability.
Because it is never a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can take everything in your power and use it for long-term mutual gains. It's about ideas and ideals. Be prepared to risk failing because the promise of success means that we will all be a little better. It's that mix of integrity and ambition is what makes Mars such a special place to work. Because working here is always more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $ 33 billion, operates six business segments, including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide who are putting their Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through His performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare - PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate - M & M'S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley chewing gums - DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5 ™, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies and ALTOIDS® and LIFESAVERS® mints. Food - UNCLE BEN'S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, CHANGE® SEEDS and ROYCO®; Beverages - ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS ™, LA BRILLANTE TEA COMPANY ™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience - COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
To plan, coordinate and execute collaborative research activities and technology transfer linked to the Integrated Pest Management of cocoa in Ecuador, especially in the area of Phytopathology.
· Management of the Monitor and Evaluate process of pests and diseases, in our different R&D sites in Latin America.
· Implement field trials of innovative management techniques to control pests and diseases in order to raise productivity;
· Transfer new production technologies for cacao within Mars research stations and to external partners of the company’s interest;
· Create and update operational procedures for monitoring and control pests and diseases in areas of high productivity of cacao;
· Develop reports, advisories and technical reports for the project areas;
· Implement and operationalize molecular diagnostics capabilities in the IPM laboratories in Ecuador and Brazil
PhD in Plant sciences, genetics, phytopathology, entomology or related fields.
BsC in Biology, Biological engineering or Agronomy.
· 5 + years’ experience in the area of cacao research
· Knowledge in Phytopathology and Entomology;
· Operational planning of IPM experiments in field;
· Collaboration with farmers;
· Collaboration with universities
· Fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese;
· People and process management;
· Availability to travel (National and International);
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other feature protected by law. . If you need help or accommodation during the application process due to a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be affected as a result of such request.
Job Segment: Scientific, Engineer, Engineering