A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Reliability Controls Technician – Victorville, CA
The Reliability Controls Technician is responsible for the efficient, safe, and reliable operating condition of the site manufacturing control and electrical systems. The Controls Technician must be multi-skilled to manage, maintain, and troubleshoot site’s electrical power systems, instrumentation, motor controls, PLC, HMI, data systems, and factory control infrastructure (servers, PC’s, and networks). Additionally, he/she will direct the modification and installation of control systems and facilitates the transfer of knowledge of control systems and electrical projects. The Controls Technician is responsible to identify, prioritize, plan and execute day-to-day activities with little or no supervision.
What are we looking for?
· High School Diploma coupled with two (2)+ years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting automation and control systems in a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge and experience in maintaining and troubleshooting of electrical systems including single and 3-phase controls and distribution systems 480 VAC and below.
· Knowledge and experience in maintaining and troubleshooting PLC and HMI systems and applications. Knowledge of Allen Bradley and software such as Logix 5000, ControlNet, Factory Talk, would be preferred.
· Someone who is a team player and able to work collaboratively with other associates, technicians and contractors.
· Wiliness to learn and help with tasks like site IT support and other basic items such as computer program set up, etc.
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Needs to be able to flex schedule to accommodate for production support.
· Effectively communicate progress and reports on issues he/she works on with stakeholders at the site.
· Able to maintain the site at the controls level, such as hardware replacement, wiring I/O cards, move, download and copy VFD programs.
· Being able to provide basic level training to others.
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
· An industry competitive salary and great benefits package
· 401(k) match
· Chance to work cross functionally, and add value and impact to the business
· If you are passionate, a great problem solver, resilient and have a high drive for results, then we want to hear from you!
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Riverside
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Technician, Electrical, Instrumentation, Technology, Engineering