A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Purpose of Role
As a member of the Reliability Team, the Receivables Technician is the point person for all incoming deliveries, invoices, WO part preparation, and assisting the Asset System Tech in maintaining the storeroom inventory. This person will also be responsible for making sure that all planned WOs have parts pulled and kitted to increase efficiency of the TRs. The role will receive in all invoices for the site, both capital and expense; and working with commercial to make sure vendors are paid.
· Assist the storeroom owner with maintaining storeroom inventory
· Responsible for physically receiving, labeling, sorting, and putting parts away storeroom parts
· Receiving all storeroom parts into SAP
· Responsible for receiving all mail/deliveries that are not raw ingredients or pack materials
· Delivering mail/deliveries to the people who ordered them; or notifying if large items
· Preparation for, and shipment of all things related to maintenance and miscellaneous items for site associates
· Receiving and processing of all invoices in SAP, Accenture, and Ebuy for the site; storeroom, expense, and capital; excluding warehouse/shipping
· Primary person for pulling and kitting parts for WOs
· Keeping storerooms and VMI locations orderly and clean
Key Functional Skills & Knowledge
· Some operational knowledge of manufacturing processes & equipment
· Effective written and oral communication
· Business process application with SAP
· Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, internet software, e-mail.
· Basic electrical and mechanical skills
Critical Mars Leadership Capabilities
· Delivers Consistent Results
· Creates Collaborative Relationships
Key Supporting Competencies
· Functional/Technical Skills
· Priority Setting
· Customer Focus
· Peer Relationships
· High school diploma or GED
· Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
· Ability to convey communications clearly and concisely
· Understanding of major functions within the plant and the ability to work directly with all levels and functions
· Successful completion of a drug and background screen
· Ability to work rotating shifts under stressful conditions such as heat, cold, heights, and/or confined spaces
· Have full mobility with the ability to climb ladders and stairs
· Ability to lift 50 lbs
· Previous experience in a manufacturing plant
· Previous storeroom experience
· 3+ years of experience in a TPM/technical, manufacturing environment
· Demonstrated experience working in Quality
· Demonstrated experience working in safety.
· Ability to tolerate an ambiguous environment.
· Functional knowledge and understanding of HACCP concepts
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Island
Job Segment: ERP, Electrical, SAP, Technology, Engineering