Description de l'offre
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Mars Wrigley Quality & Food Safety Manager leads the site Q&FS team in order to assure the production of high quality, safe and legally compliant products that meet the desired product design and customer expectations. To provide governance of the Quality and Food Safety Management process and lead the implementation of the Mars Standards at the factory. As a custodian of the Quality and Food Safety Standards this position represents R&D functions at the local plant level and is expected to lead continuous improvement on Quality and Food Safety. Relocation for Internal associates will be considered.
What are we looking for?
· BS degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Food Safety, Engineering or related technical field and
· 3+ years relevant experience in Quality and Manufacturing environment with experience in line management or a proven track record in coaching and developing teams and individuals; and or
· Combination of education and 5+ years demonstrated success in relevant manufacturing/quality experience
· Advanced Degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or related technical field and
· 4+ years relevant experience in Quality and Manufacturing environment with proven capabilities leading other technical leader
Proven technical experience in Food Manufacturing preferably within chocolate/candy (confectionary) product formulation, process development, and Quality Management
Must be able to draw on personal experience and apply own judgment to reach firm decisions
Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, ISO 22000, ISO 9000 quality and food safety management systems
Statistics, Problem solving and Lean Six Sigma methods
Food microbiology, analytical chemistry, and sensory methods
Process engineering, manufacturing equipment, and controls
Activity Management Process
Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
What would your key responsibilities be?
· Line Management and coaching of the Site Q&FS team, supporting the development of a talent pipeline for Q&FS at site level
· Lead R&D Strategy Deployment at the site, improving established ways of working and delivering against key metrics reflected in the company business objectives
· Lead the quality agenda on the site to ensure wholesome products that meet the regulatory requirements
· Lead and support MARS Inc. and external standards (FSSC, etc.) implementation on the site and drive the Q&FS mindset and behavior
· Sustain efficient quality management system, in compliance to FSSC and MARS QMP standards, including CAPA and training programs
· First line of contact for legal authorities and MARS product related Q&FS requests as the “quality responsible person” for the factory
· Ensure the integration of Q&FS procedures and processes into Mars Supply Excellence (TPM) to drive quality performance
· Perform key metric, incidents and Continuous Improvement reviews (QMR, period reviews, etc.) to ensure transparency at management level and coordinate site CAPA activities
· Manage quality and food safety incidents based on PRIMP global standard on the site level, decision making for out of specification materials and products, ensuring that relevant corrective and preventive actions are defined and implemented
· Accountable for site approval of all product, raw materials, packaging and process specifications, quality food safety risk assessments and change management, trial requests, etc. using the defined and agreed ways of working
· Leader of Quality Pillar (MSE) at the Site, drive implementation and continuous improvement
· The Site Q&FS Manager coordinates the implementation of R&D activities on site through deployment of cross-functional ways of working. The role represents the R&D function in the Site Management team.
· The role leads key continuous improvement projects/strategies that enable the delivery of Q&FS objectives and performance. The tasks are executed in close collaboration with factory team, Business unit functions including operations, engineering, commercial and supplier quality assurance.
· The appropriate level of resources, skills and support at site level is ensured via coaching, developing and managing the Site Q&FS team. Building and encouraging the development of R&D talent pipeline at site level is part of this leadership function.
· The role ensures governance of Q&FS performance on site through Q&FS culture and behavior and has a significant impact via proper incident management on site, including CAPA program.
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Engineer, CAPA, Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Management, Technology