A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The packer position assembles shipping containers, packs finished product into them and prepares them for shipment. The packer may also function as a relief operator when needed.
• Plans, assembles, fabricates or repairs crates, boxes, cartons and other packaging containers of large or unusual size or shape
• Prepares finished products for shipment or storage by placing them in proper shipping containers
• Mark or identify containers with destination information
• Function as a Relief Operator in all areas of the plant where assigned
• When assigned to specific operation area, complete all duties as associated with that assignment in a safe and effective manner
• Perform sanitation duties as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule with particular attention to lockout/tag out and confined space entry when required
• Assist the plant to meet or exceed production goals
• Maintain a clean, safe work environment that promotes associate safety and product integrity
• All associates are responsible for the safety, quality and food safety in their work area
• Standing on a concrete floor
• Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
• Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 55 lbs
• Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes, such as hot to cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
• Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
• Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
• Successful completion of a substance screening and background check
• 3+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines
• 2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
• Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
• Knowledge of inventory control principles
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha