Description de l'offre
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Governance & Controls Manager
The Governance and Controls Manager is a critical member of the Finance Team and is responsible for several key accounting processes. The primary directives of the Manager include:
· Ownership of a robust governance and internal controls framework
· Leading the data security, privacy and governance process
· Developing and driving a strong governance culture across the entire business
· Completing period close processes to enable timely and accurate reporting
· Delivering insight on financial performance, and
· Acting as the 1NAV Master User and Key User for the finance function
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
· Professional Designation: CPA, CMA, CGA, CA
· 5+ years of general accounting experience in a medium to large sized organization;
· Experienced in operating an accounting system and various interfacing reporting systems (e.g. HFM);
· 2+ years of governance and internal control experience or public accounting.
· Experience in large, multinational manufacturing/CPG company a plus.
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Responsible for complex accounting activities including analyzing accounting transactions and issues (e.g. capital assets, lease transactions, hedging), preparing journal entries, maintaining a complete and accurate general ledger, preparing and analyzing financial reports, and completing regular tax filings;
· Assists in supporting the ERP solution by analyzing business process issues or requirements and ensuring that appropriate system solutions are being implemented – including collaborating with Global Support and local cross-functional Business Process Leads;
· Finance 1NAV (ERP solution) Key User & Royal Canin Master User;
· Partners with the Financial Operations Team to deliver world class Record to Report processes
· Works with the America’s Treasury, Tax and Benefits Team as well as the Canadian Tax Centre
What can you expect from Mars?
· Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as Royal Canin & Eukanuba.
· An industry competitive salary
· The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Financial, Equity, Manager, ERP, Accounting, Finance, Management, Technology