A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Forklift Operator is responsible for organizing finished goods, proper storage and rotation of stock. This role insures the distribution of finished goods as needed to meet and/or exceed internal and external customer requirements. Works with both the shipping and production teams reporting to the Logistics Manager.
· Ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision and positive attitude.
· Assist the Shift Manager, Logistics Manager and Leads ensuring the effective functioning of the team.
· Ensure that product is properly FIFOed.
· Pick and load orders.
· Ensure work area and warehouse are clean.
· Communicates with Operators, Shift Manager, and other Material Handlers.
· Work with Shift Manager to distribute Shift Team resources based on workload and absenteeism to ensure the completion of planned and unplanned work.
· Perform tasks in a safe manner.
· Complete all documentation, packing slips, and report issues as required.
· Monitors the movement of Finished Goods in the Warehouse in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
· Assist with cycle count activities.
· Participate with the Shift Supervisor to implement improvement strategies to increase efficiencies.
· Active participation in the Safety programs as it applies to production area to include area audits and safety procedures.
· Demonstrate a food safety quality culture in actions, words and spirit.
· Perform other duties assigned.
Education, experience, and skills Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Demonstrated knowledge of shipping, receiving, warehouse, and material handling operations, methods and practices.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Safety and Quality
· Basic computer skills
· Previous Forklift Experience
· Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
· Must be able to work under stressful conditions such as heat, cold, high, and/or confined spaces and have full mobility to climb stairs and ladder
· MARS Competencies:
· Drive for Results
· Decision Quality
· Customer Focus
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City