Description de l'offre
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Finished Goods Utility
Location/Site: Rolla, MO
Segment: Royal Canin
This role is to provide support in the Finished Goods Area through the coverage of vacancies. They will be proficient at the Packaging, Line Driver, and Packaging Lead positions. They will also act as a certified trainer for packaging.
· Be able to efficiently operate all positions within the packaging and warehouse areas
· Act as a backup for the Packaging and Shipping Team Leads as well as Packaging and Shipping Operators
· Train other associates as needed
· Responsible for communicating and elevating any quality and food safety concerns to site leadership.
· Keep finished goods area clean and sanitary
· Assist other Operators as needed
· Keep production records as required
· Observe and follow all safety practices and standards
· Know and understand site's CCPs and OPRPs and report any findings of deficiencies to shift manager
· Be an active participant in MSE activities
· Able to work overtime, weekends and holidays when required
· Troubleshoot problems with assigned equipment, find and fix defects and actively work to make the line more efficient
· Write and edit SOP’s, CILs, OPLs, Etc.
Context and Scope
This role and others will work as a finished goods team following the planning schedule to package and ship product. Operate the packaging line or fork truck in a safe and effective manner with minimal supervision. Perform, document, and take responsibility for production/quality checks to ensure product is up to Q&FS standards. Support the other operators as necessary. Report any deviations that may occur to the Team Lead or Shift Manager. Help drive down waste by focusing on changeover efficiencies. Complete end of shift cleaning and perform a proper hand off to oncoming shift. Support all other departments on shift as designated by Shift Manger.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Existing qualification as a packaging or shipping operator. Preference for qualification in both areas.
· Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
· Knowledge of inventory control principles
· Standing for 12 hours
· Ability to work 8/12 hour rotating shifts
· Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
· Full range of motion, correctable eyesight, correctable hearing
· Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals.
Knowledge & Experience:
· 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
· Comfortable with training and leading others
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Rolla
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineering