Waltham Petcare Science Institute
Salary: £44,500 – £55,500 (+ bonus and benefits)
The WALTHAM Petcare Science Institute is Mars Petcare's world-renowned pet research centre. Our work focuses on the nutritional and behavioural needs of pets, as well as on preventive health. We use this knowledge to support development of innovative products and services, advancing science to deliver our Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS™!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to join our data science team within the WALTHAM research organisation. This role is responsible for delivering data science projects that leverage our existing big data assets (electronic health records, genetic testing, and activity monitors). With outputs ranging from deploying predictive models to publishing within scientific literature.
There is an expectation that the successful candidate will be able to work remotely and visit site 3 days per month.
What are we looking for?
· Degree level qualification in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field is essential – Preferably with an MSc or PhD in these areas.
· Extensive experience in machine learning and deep learning methods and their practical applications preferably within an R&D environment
· Proven ability to work with a multitude of stakeholders in delivery of data projects
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Execute and deliver on data science projects. Taking responsibility from inception (identification, planning, alignment and resourcing) to delivery and communication (data modelling and analysis, data management/governance and internal/external reporting)
· Work with other data scientists and engineers to build data products that expand or make use of our capabilities.
· Advocate the purpose of data-driven research and work to high scientific standards
· Have an up-to-date knowledge on data modelling/analysis and data management methods and tools
What can you expect from Mars?
· A competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
· Pet friendly offices, where your pet is as much a part of the family as you are.
· A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
· The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: 28 th January 2021
Proposed first round Interviews Week commencing: 1 st February 2021
Proposed assessment date: 16 th February 2021
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Computer Science, Data Management, Technology, Engineering, Data