Data Architect – Digital Acceleration
Mars Global service, Slough, New Jersey
Mars Inc is embarking on a Digital Transformation journey to support our Digitization strategy, where the opportunities & implications for an Enterprise like Mars are pervasive and far-reaching. Fundamental to our transformation is to reimagine how we approach Data, to drive our business forward by building on existing Data architecture and lifecycle strategies across segments and divisions, to liberate data across the ecosystem including internal & external data sets, surfacing it in the right place and at the right time, to personalize and maximize our associates, customers' and consumers’ experience. Integration of the Data eco-system will play a key part in realizing this model. Ensuring the right decisions are being taken with the right level of visibility by partnering with key Technical stakeholders across divisions and segments is vital.
This role will design and help deliver all aspects of data architecture, lifecycle strategies, data engineering, implementation plans with pros and cons of different approaches throughout the full data management lifecycle. This role is vital in defining, translating and delivering business’ vision for Data and Digital marketing strategies. The role will Partner with Segment and Division Architecture teams, Business analysts, Data Scientists, etc to design and help deliver strategic outcomes at a Data Architecture level. Data Architect role will bring rigor, thought leadership and strategic direction to constantly evolving Data Architecture Technology domain. The role will actively lead the definition and evolution of the Data architecture, oversee selection/implementation of new components, enhance Architecture/Governance processes and drive agile innovation with an eye to scale.
· Drive the key direction and improvement of Data architecture and engineering solutions capabilities for the Digital Asset transformation program and across wider Mars. Conceive and design the data structures and integrations that enable us to rapidly, efficiently and effectively deliver on program objectives.
· Continuously improve the data strategy, architectural principles, methodologies and frameworks.
· Design conceptual and logical data models, process models and metadata that comply with the data strategy and to meet business goals.
· Ensure that architectural and modelling standards and designs are understood by the engineering teams.
· Define, design and develop data innovations, ensuring more efficient and effective performance of data processes, and data engineering solutions.
· Ensure high quality data solutions are delivered in tight collaboration with business stakeholders in an agile fashion.
· Ensure Solutions are built upon ‘Privacy by design’ principle with strict legal and regulatory access and personal data protection.
· Working closely with local and Product teams to provide evolutionary architecture solutions that drive Data driven strategies.
· Ensures the implementation of Solution Architecture in alignment with Mars Inc standards, policies and processes from Enterprise Architecture, Information security, Data Privacy, etc.
· Facilitating sessions working with wider Digital Technologies and Segment Architecture teams on key Solution Architecture guidance and key design decisions.
· Research and identify opportunities in emerging technology that could enhance technical delivery within the teams.
And for this role, we hope you have the following skills:
· 10+ years of experience in creating data architectures and models in large, consumer-orientated organisations, 3+ years of architecting 1st, 2nd & 3rd Party consumer data to support direct consumer business and digital marketing initiatives.
· A firm understanding of the concepts and principles of data modelling whilst remaining technology agnostic and ability to produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas.
· Proven experience in delivering end to end solutions, high level architecture and associated principles to include data sourcing, integrations/flows, usage, whilst retaining policy compliance.
· A track record of data profiling and source system analysis, as well as presenting clear insights to colleagues in support of the end use of the data.
· Extensive experience of successfully and confidently engaging with senior stakeholders and being able to translate the key business drivers and requirements into Data Models and Solution Design.
· Expertise in architecture, behavior and use cases of different data platforms (e.g., RDBMS, NoSQL, Graph, Blockchain)
· Expertise in extracting content from data analytical, statistical and logic skills
· Data Lifecycle management including data retention, archive and purge planning
· Data Security including protecting from theft, inappropriate use, conformance with regulatory requirements
· Understanding of key infrastructure elements, key performance and tuning areas
· An excellent communicator - for building relationships, managing stakeholders, working with clients and delivery teams - both orally and written and for technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experienced working with and leading 3rd Party/Outsourced partners
· Strong Business Acumen of the FMCG/retail industry (or similar)
· Demonstratable understanding of regulations related to consumer data
· The candidate is expected to be hands on and able to get into technical details as needed, i.e. not just operating at conceptual level
'Mars is an equal opportunities employer.'
Job Segment: Data Architect, Database, Architecture, Engineer, Systems Analyst, Data, Technology, Engineering