Description de l'offre
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 5700 properties and 30 brands you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Responsible for the analysis of revenue, profit and demand associated in a given market or cluster. Position prepares forecasts, budgets, weekly and daily projections and analyzes the progress of each. Develops and/or uses analytical tools and systems to maximize revenues and profit. Position critiques sales strategy effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities. Serves as a functional expert within the Cluster team.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
· Extracts and analyzes data in order to draw viable/actionable business conclusions.
· Provides revenue analysis functional expertise to stakeholders.
· Prepares forecasts of revenue, profit, demand and occupancy–for prescribed timeframes.
· Understands and accurately represents individual property needs.
· Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
· Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
· Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue analysis processes.
· Manages all revenue, profit and demand data associated with rooms and function space.
· Promotes and protects brand equity.
· Prepares sales strategy critique.
· Performs displacement analysis.
· Determines pricing options for leads – group, transient and catering.
· Conducts need date evaluations and communicates information to Market Strategy and Revenue Analysis.Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form
· Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
· Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
· Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
· Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
Building Successful Relationships
· Proactively develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
· Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
· Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
Bachelor/Master degree and 2-3 year working experience.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Revenue Management - Knowledge of revenue management concepts, processes and strategies such as average daily rate, revenue per available room, sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management. Skill in using a Yield Management system and interpreting pricing and inventory reports.
o Analysis - The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data to make inferences and recommendations. Included is the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data.
o Research - Skill in collecting information from a variety of sources relating to market data, historical cycles, travel and tourism trends, and real estate market dynamics. The ability to know when to seek addition information and where to look to find it.
o Inventory Management - The ability to manage rooms and function space restrictions and thresholds using systems or manually in order to maximize revenue/profit across all segments.
o Computer Skills - The willingness to learn and ability to use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information or to execute programs and analyses. This includes the ability to enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball.
o Economics and Finance - Knowledge of economic principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
o Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts including principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services as well as marketing strategies and tactics.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.