Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: https://mymvw.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/MVW/job/Grande-Vista/Safety---Security-Manager_JR8536-1
Ideal candidate profile
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Vacation Club. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Manages the daily functions of the department to maintain protection of property assets, associates, owners/guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Focuses on maintaining owners/guests and associate satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Relocation Assistance Provided
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
· Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
· Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
· Develops detailed shut down procedures for the property to ensure that all areas are secured at the appropriate times.
· Complies with applicable laws and safety regulations.
· Follow proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
· Develop a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
· Incorporate into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
· Follows process for the protection of owners/guests and associates.
· Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of owners/guests and associates.
· Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
· Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
· Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the wellbeing of owners/guests and associates.
· Manages all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (e.g., initial - follow up) for all owner/guest and associate related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
· Manages and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
· Manages first aid program for owners/guests and associates.
· Manages the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
· Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring associates understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
· Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
· Informs and/or updates the executives and peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
· Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers or patients.
· Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
· Leading Security/Loss Prevention Teams
· Communicates critical information to Loss Prevention officers based on knowledge gained at leadership meetings.
· Emphasizes teamwork, close working relationships with other departments and assertive hospitality to serve as a deterrent to crime.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
· Provides an open-door policy. Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Meets quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
· Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
· Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
· Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
· Conducting Human Resources Activities
· Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
· Uses all available on the job training tools to train new associates and provide follow-up training as necessary.
· Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
· Conducts a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
· Ensures associates understand Company, Resort and Departmental expectations and parameters.
· Ensures associates are cross trained to support successful daily operations.
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same with them.
· Schedules associates to business demands and tracks associate time and attendance.
· Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
· Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
· Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts.
· Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an open-door policy, and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
· Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
· Reviews associate satisfaction results.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 4 years' experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years' experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.