Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
Performs accounting functions in support of the Consumer Operations organization in the areas of financial tracking, processing of account payables, and reporting requirements. Provides general accounting support to the organization and assists with small projects and business processes as assigned. Develops alternatives and solutions where guidelines are not available. Interprets internal policies and procedures and functions as a resource to others. Works under limited supervision.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.
This position will be based at Marriott's Headquarters or remote.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 4+ years administrative or clerical support experience
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (including ability to create and use advanced functions such as Vlookup, Pivot Tables, Graphs/Charts)
· Associate/Bachelor's degree, certification, or continuing education
· Expert Microsoft Office skills
· Working knowledge of Marriott's various financial reporting tools
· Experience in hospitality industry
· Experience in accounting function responsible for multiple units or departments
· Solid writing skills
· Ability to set appropriate priorities
· Processes approved invoices through Accounts Payable, manages vendor records (add / change / delete), and submits month end accruals.
· Ensure accounts payable and general ledger related activities are recorded and conducted in accordance with Revenue Recognition, company policies, and controls
· Process prepaid amortization schedules
· Process journal entries to reclass expenses and accrue expenses. Verify accuracy of entries by analyzing edit reports. Make corrections as necessary.
· Collects financial data from multiple sources; researches problems and responds to inquiries from both Finance Business Partners (FBPs) and Consumer Operations Global Brand & Marketing leaders.
· Verifies mathematical accuracy of accounting documents and reports. Determines and makes appropriate corrections.
· Performs data entry into the tracker file utilizing spreadsheet, database or mainframe applications to develop detailed monthly actual results; reviews variances with department owners and clears any pending issues.
· Complete accurate and timely financial information in appropriate systems (Tracker, Peoplesoft, On Demand, Marrstar, EPM, Quickbase, etc.)
· Reconciles account discrepancies including complex accounts that contain specialized non-recurring transactions. Identifies errors, assesses the impact of the error and proposes corrections.
· Support Consumer Operation department heads and FBP's in their p&l reviews and critiques
· Compiles forecast information, analyzes variances, researches trends/issues and supports FBPs & CO budget leads.
· Provides support during budgets to gather data, develops cost estimates, prepares drafts and reviews variances with assigned owners.
· Provides support for capital expenditure accounting to include invoice processing and asset retirement
· Assists in purchase order and contract approval process. Audits invoices against SOW/contracts
· Perform audit verifications as directed.
· Maintains filing systems within department; retrieves documents and responds to requests for information.
· Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
· May provide work direction to other permanent or temporary support staff associates
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.