Service & Safety Customer Assistant
M&S is changing. We’re opening new stores, offering more choice, more products and more of what we do best: putting our customers first. We’d love you to join our team and play a part in creating our future.
We want our customers to step in and feel M&S. This means playing a central role, working across our salesfloors and checkouts. You’ll be the driving force behind the service and selling revolution in our stores.
We want you to serve and sell with personality and pride so you’ll be confident and engaging , excellent at communicating and be passionate about our products. We’ll teach you the rest.
Working as a Service & Safety Customer Assistant you will:
· Create a welcoming and reassuring presence at the start and end of a customer’s store visit
· Be knowledgeable, know what deals and offers are available and be able to answer local store queries
· Use a range of de-escalation techniques to mitigate aggression and confrontational situations
· Make sure persons issued with a Trespass Notice don’t re-enter our stores
· Work with other retailers, the Police and shop watch and crime prevention partnerships, to prevent loss and protect profit
· Deter criminal activity and apprehend when necessary
· Accurately report incidents on the M&S incident reporting system
What’s in it for you:
· 20% staff discount on M&S products including furniture, fashion and food
· A first-class welcome to M&S and initial induction to the team
· Investing in You – options to progress, it’s something we’re proud of at M&S. Only if you want to that is. If you don’t, it won’t stop us investing in your continued learning
· Onsite subsidised staff café or catering options
· Flexible working options
· Holiday entitlement
· Celebration Day – a paid day off to celebrate something that’s important to you*
· Charity Volunteer Day – A paid day away from work to support your chosen charity*
· Perks and discounts via the M&S Choices website (these are great and there are lots!) including Holiday Buying and Cycle to Work schemes where you can buy a new bike*
* Qualifying period applies
We have a diverse range of colleagues and are committed to an active Equal Opportunities Policy which starts with our recruitment and selection process.
Ready to apply?
If you have previously registered, or left us within the last year and would like to return, click here to update your details and to fast track your application.
All applications are completed online. You’ll answer some simple questions and upload your CV.
If you’re successful, you’ll be invited to self-book an interview slot to meet a member of our in-store team. The in-store assessment includes a selling exercise where you’ll showcase your selling skills followed by a short interview.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make alternative arrangements for you.