To identify and deliver improvement opportunities to deliver customer, colleague and cost benefits across the Clothing and Home Logistics network mainly focusing on warehouse operations
Responsible for running CI projects on a day to day basis, this role covers testing concepts, learning about what works and what doesn’t and iterating the solution which can be rolled out across the network. In addition, you’ll be exploring potential new opportunities in both process and technology meaning you can bring your best improvement ideas to life.
Alongside all of this is a very close working relationship with our 3PLs (XPO & DHL) that is essential to our joint success. The aim of this relationship is to support each other to maximise and validate our respective CI pipelines.
This role will play a critical part in our Business Transformation and therefore the ideal candidate must have a drive and passion for people, change and delivery. Previous CI experience is not essential as training will be provided meaning this is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills as well as gain wider business exposure.
It will be based from one of our Logistics hubs (Castle Donington or Welham Green) but most of the time will be spent working in partnership with our 3PLs on sites across the country
• Work with the Operations Managers and 3PL’s to identify, deliver & validate improvements at network and site level
• Deliver agreed service, cost and productivity targets on an annual basis
• Support a culture of continuous improvement across the C&H Logistics network
• Align benefit delivery to Clothing and Home strategy and priorities
• Report on progress to plan, liaising with finance and Operations Managers/ 3PL’s to validate reported benefits.
• Keep in tune with industry trends to identify further opportunity
We can help you develop some of these skills on the job and will provide training as required but the right attitude and core skills are key. In particular, we are looking for:
• Great communication skills and can bring people with you
• Have a passion for our brand and a determination to drive our transformation journey
• Confident in dealing with daily ambiguity
• Self-motivated with a flexible approach to what’s critical for delivery each week
• Strong logic and numerical reasoning – ability to analyse data and draw conclusions
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
• A good base knowledge of Excel and Power point
Key relationships and stakeholders
• Logistics Operations Managers – Warehousing, Freight, Transport and .com
• Logistics Development and Implementation teams
• Continuous Improvement colleagues in retail and the 3PL’s