£10.75 to £11.70 per hour - Part time hours are between 10 - 30 hours. Full time hours are between 31 - 40 hours.
This isn’t joining a team. This is being part of the family.
Our warehouse canteen is managed by our efficient and highly motivated catering team, who provide breakfast and lunch for the entire warehouse. Now we are looking for experienced Kitchen Assistants to prepare and cook healthy, balanced meals for our teams. Sourcing all ingredients from our on-site warehouse and engaging with our friendly team members on a daily basis, you will find this role both challenging and rewarding!
What you'll do
· Preparing and cooking breakfast and lunch for approx 100 people per meal slot, ensuring enough food is prepared for everyone
· Assisting with planning and organising meal schedules and menu changes, with consideration for dietary requirements
· Managing food stock levels, while minimising waste
· Sourcing all meal ingredients from our onsite warehouse
· Maintaining food hygiene standards throughout the preparation process
· Reporting any health & safety issues
· Planning and organising meal timing and menu changes, with consideration for dietary requirements
What you'll need
· Experience working as a cook/within a kitchen environment essential, we are also happy to provide additional training and support where needed
· Extremely well organised with excellent multitasking skills and ability to work well under pressure
· Flexible with working shifts, including weekends
· Excellent time management skills
· A confident clear communicator with a good standard of written English, able to follow instructions precisely
· Proactive and able to highlight problems/issues in a timely manner
· Level 2 Certificate in Food Safety & Hygiene in Catering is desirable however we are happy to support your training
What you'll receive
· Starting from £10.75 with the ability to earn up to £11.70 per hour (*dependent on experience and including London Weighting)
· 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
· A contributory pension scheme
· 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
· Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.