Our Audit Department ensure that all areas of our business are supported to do their work in the most effective way, in compliance with all legal and process-driven requirements. It is a fast-paced department were a keen eye for details is essential, as well as your ability to be proactive and solution driven. In addition, you will be working alongside our Customer Service team which is the central point of contact for the general public, and as such handles all manner of incoming communication.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside the Head of Audit & Customer Service and their Team Managers. Analytically minded, you'll support the team by being proactive, approachable and reliable.
What you'll do
· Assisting the consultants of the Audit team with ad hoc tasks and providing administrative support
· Liaising with colleagues nationally and internationally about company procedures
· Translation of business documents from German to English and vice versa
· Participating to audit projects
· Supporting the Customer Service team
· Preparing, maintaining and overlooking reports
· Maintaining the Audit system (Audimex) as a Key-User
· Managing diaries, schedules and travel arrangements
· Meeting scheduling & preparation (agendas / invitations / minutes)
· Creating of Audit / Customer Service presentations for internal stakeholders (e.g. BoD)
· Occasional visit to store to support consultants
· Any ad hoc task required
What you'll need
· Proactive individual with a similar experience within an administrative role
· Interest or previous experience in Audit and Customer Service
· Excellent organisation and project management skills
· Able to work to tight deadlines and to deliver accurate results
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
· A self-motivated and proactive individual with a can-do attitude and the ability to solve problems independently
· Excellent attention for detail
· Proficient in MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Quick learner on new IT software
· The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
· A full valid UK driving license is highly beneficial
· Fluent in German
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £28,000 - £34,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.