JOB TITLE: Designer 3 – Development
DEPARTMENT: Store Design
REPORTS TO: Design Director
Review and process site information. Prepare floor plans, storefront elevations, and other materials (such as renderings) to support design solutions. Direct the activities of outside architects to execute design development and construction documents for standard and higher-level projects.
· Prepare floor plans, storefront elevations, and other materials to support design solutions while adhering to overall design guidelines and Brand strategy.
· Demonstrate a working level of business knowledge and current design trends; apply to assigned projects.
· Adhere to DOR process.
· Direct, manage, and partner with architects and consultants for project-specific solutions.
· Review drawing sets for adherence to design standards and accuracy.
· Coordinate with internal and external partners to assure project completion within schedule and budget.
· Prepare presentation materials and make internal presentations to project partners and senior management.
· Partner with construction, purchasing, visual merchandising, and store operations.
· Advocate for design integrity (project specific).
· Review and approve shop drawings (project specific).
· Attend Brand meetings for visual and operational reviews to understand Brand requirements/needs.
· Identify and propose solutions to resolve issues that can impact project schedule, cost or design integrity.
· 3-7 years of design experience working on retail projects
· Must have technical expertise in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Word and Excel.
· Proficient sketching, rendering and presentation skills to communicate ideas.
· Maintain knowledge of new materials and design techniques through industry publications and activity.
· Strong attention to detail
· Established personal strategies to keep work organized in order to meet budgets and stay on schedule
· Desire to be a part of a high performance team
· B.S. in Architecture, Interior Design or Industrial Design
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.