- 4000 abonnés
Research Scientist in Hair Biophysics
Research Scientist in Hair BiophysicsL'Oréal's Research & Innovation
Inventing beauty so is L'Oréal‘s vocation. Since its creation by a researcher, one century ago, the group has consistently believed in research, pushed back scientific boundaries and knowledge, increased innovations and patents, with a taste for exploration and quality obsession.
Beauty is a scientific adventure and there's no innovative product without progress and knowledge.
I- AIM OF THE POSITION
The candidate will be responsible for proposing, carrying out and managing scientific research projects and collaborations in the hair physics and nanophysics domain, aiming at understanding our cosmetic targets (hair) and designing new technical solutions. One of the foremost tasks of the candidate will be to understand and help translating consumer expectations into technical challenges and to specifications in terms of raw material and/or systems with high performances through experimental approaches. The candidate has to develop knowledge on hair biophysics science, identify new targets and concepts to repair, protect, restore and transform the hair fiber.
II- WORK ENVIRONMENT - RELATIONSHIPS
The candidate will integrate the Hair Biophysics Group in the Physics Department of the Advanced Research Division of L'Oréal R&I, under the responsibility of the Group Leader.
This team is in charge of developing and using new tools and approaches to explore new research territories on hair science which aims at :
(1) decoding what should be the hair biophysical properties of a cosmetic product hair for a given final performance
(2) proposing accordingly new innovative raw materials design or concept
(3) characterize the performance of existing raw materials or systems for a better transformation and valorization. All these aforementioned tasks require working in a multidisciplinary environment. The group is interfaced with clinicians, physicists, physico-chemists, raw materials providers, biologists and formulators (Applied Research), since our approaches are multi-scale from decoding global cosmetic performance down into local mechanistic hair targets .
· All R&I departments (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biological, Analytic, Formulation teams)
· Worldwide Universities and Research Institutes
· Suppliers or Service providers
III- DESCRIPTION OF THE MAIN ACTIVITIES
·To promote, investigate, implement, use or transfer novel methods and experimental tools in nanophysics, tribology and surface/ interfaces domain, dedicated to the study and characterize hair properties of raw material properties or the understanding of final cosmetic properties
·To interface existing or to be developed experimental methods with existing or to be developed to contribute to enhance novel knowledge
·To propose and manage partnerships with academics or companies to explore innovative technologies.
·Contribute to the development and training of teams where and when relevant
·Participate to the vision, development and communication of the lab
· Tribology, adhesion, nanophysics and surface – interface Science
· Knowledge & experience of keratinaceous (wool, silk , hair) materials
· Practical experience in Biophysics domain is highly relevant
Good skills in modeling and simulation. Software or domains:matlab or others tools.
· Capacity to work in a team with people having very different backgrounds (chemistry, physics, physico-chemistry , biology, evaluation and formulation)
· Ability to build and maintain a network and to federate people around projects
· Ability to design, build and manage scientific projects in close collaboration with internal and external partners
· Good communication/reporting skills with the management line and co-workers (experts and non-experts)
· Scientific rigor, Reliability
· Ability to have and share his/her convictions or visions
· Open mindness, intellectual curiosity
· MSc / Engineer + PhD / Postdoc or 2/3 years of experience in physical science, material / surface and interfaces science,
· Knowledge of physics, surface physico-chemistry, tribology, adhesion and nanophysics characterization techniques
· Expertise in AFM
· Knowledge in biomaterials
· Knowledge and capacity of using right tools to investigate structure and functional properties using combination of several techniques
· Skills for team work, in an international and multidisciplinary environment
· Interest for cosmetic science and substrates : skin and hair
Share Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Google Plus Viadeo Send to a friend
◄ Back to job list