Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
UK Int & Complex (UK)
Service Line Information
KPMG's International and Complex UK Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, International and Complex UK Tax can offer an exciting broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people. Working in the International and Complex UK Tax business at KPMG will give you the opportunity to develop relationships with clients assisting them with all their strategic tax requirements. This involves working with clients to produce complex tax computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs, giving advice on corporate planning and restructuring projects both in the UK and Internationally.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Role and Responsibilities
The KPMG Asset Management Tax Group focuses specifically on providing tax advisory and compliance services to UK and international fund managers and institutional investors. Projects frequently require us to work with colleagues from our global KPMG tax network.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to broaden their knowledge of tax within the investment management sector.
The role involves a mix of compliance and advisory services. This may include:
- Advising clients with ad hoc advisory queries
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of high quality compliance and reporting services for a portfolio of clients
- Being the first point of contact for many clients
- Supporting junior staff with the preparation of computations, reviewing computations and ensuring their accuracy and developing their knowledge
- Ensuring all risk procedures are adhered to
- Carrying out detailed technical research
- Providing tax structuring, tax due diligence and restructuring advice on a wide range of structures and transactions
- Developing client relationships with fund managers
- Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services
- Being involved in business development and proposal activity
Experience and Background
- A good knowledge of UK corporate tax and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas as well as an understanding of US GAAP and IFRS and their application to investment management companies.
- An awareness of personal tax, transfer pricing and VAT issues and broad regulation impacting the asset management sector
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong task management skills
- Ability to build client relationships
- Good computational and excel skills
- Good technology skills - experience of Digita and/or Alphatax would be helpful but not essential
- Highly motivated individuals with drive and enthusiasm
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent and experience in Tax within Investment Management in industry or practice.
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy