Description de l'offre
Associate, Big Data Software Engineer, Financial Services
40899 - 97
Business Support Services
Area of Interest:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse – KPMG's Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics – has both applied data science, AI, and big data architecture capabilities. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore the solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects – covering technologies and solutions from AI to optimization – and the power to have a real impact in the business world. So, bring your creativity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join ourKPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics to work with our Financial Services team.
· Rapidly prototype, implement, and optimize architectures to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations
· Develop modular code base to solve “real” world problems and conduct regular peer code reviews to ensure code quality and compliance following best practices in the industry
· Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry professionals to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources (social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data)
· Research, experiment, and utilize leading Big Data methodologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Netezza, SAP HANA, and Amazon Web Services) with cloud/on premise/hybrid hosting solutions; Provide proficient documentation and operating guidance for users at all levels
· Help drive the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for Lighthouse, KPMG, and client while promoting KPMG brand in the broader data analytics community
· Participate in developing and presenting thought leadership, and help in ensuring that the Lighthouse technology stack incorporates and is optimized for using specific technologies
· Minimum of one year of relevant software development experience in multiple programming languages and technologies, preferably related to professional services; Ability to work with other technical team members to assess needs, provide assistance and resolve technical problems
· Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
· Market-leading fluency in several programming languages (Python, Scala, or Java), with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly; Understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles (load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk) and experience with large-scale big data methods (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, or Storm); Full-stack development capability is preferred
· Experience with: object-oriented design, coding, and testing patterns; as well as engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures; Understand programming methodologies (version control, testing, QA) and development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile)
· Familiarity with: different architecture patterns of development (Event Driven, SOA, micro services, functional programming, Lambda); Working under Unix/Linux environment or .NET; Source code management systems (GIT and SVN)
· Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.