Contract Logistics - Warehouse Team Lead
We are currently looking for a Warehouse Team Lead to support our Contract Logistics business Distribution Centre in Mississauga. The Warehouse Team Lead will be fully responsible for the safe, high quality, and productive delivery of 3PL logistics services to our internal and external customers.
· Follow programs implemented to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility;
· Oversee all warehouse services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling; returned/damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities;
· Act as a liaison between Management and front line employees;
· Complete multiple leadership and direct labour tasks with minimal supervision;
· Comply with all Health/Safety/Security programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property;
· Strive for continuous improvements in all facets of warehouse operations;
· Ensure adequate training of staff;
· Keep teams up to date with daily operational issues, priorities, and tasks;
· Train new hires and casual labourers;
· Additional duties as assigned.
· 2+ years' experience working in a Warehouse/Distribution Centre;
· Experience in leading teams will be considered an asset, as well as the following:
-Direct experience with distribution centre processes required (receiving, picking, packing, shipping, returns, value added processing and sub-assembly);
-Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills;
-Proven ability to delegate tasks and prioritize work;
-Assist team by receiving, picking, packing, shipping, returns, value added processing and sub-assembly to ensure deadlines are met;
· Certification operating materials handling equipment (MHE) is considered an asset (i.e. counterbalance, reach truck, order pickers);
· Excellent understanding of warehouse operations and cost structures;
· Knowledge of and compliance with health and safety standards,
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
At this time, we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship.
No agencies or phone calls, please. Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
Kuehne + Nagel Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Learn more >>
Reference Number: 41125