Seafreight Import Product Section Leader
How do we transport goods via the most efficient routes and yet offer competitive pricing to our customers? Our seafreight import product team are experts in capacity management, resulting in greater time and cost savings for customers in the long term. This is an excellent opportunity to stretch your leadership skills with an innovative and growth-oriented organisation.
In this role, you will lead a dedicated the import product team and be responsible for the timely completion of assigned freight shipment routing instructions, allocation management and rate database. You will also monitor the team's workload and handle performance issues.
We are interested in proactive individuals who are able to lead by example and create a customer-centric environment. In return, you will gain access to professional development opportunities, international exposure and a rewarding career. To find out why Kuehne + Nagel is a global leader in logistics, start a conversation with us and click apply today!
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Supervise the team in terms of workload allocation and meeting agreed KPIs (key performance indicators)
· Maximize capacity management and allocation through effective space booking methods and load factor optimization
· Complete system updates to record shipment statuses correctly
· Complete all local rates negotiations
· Responsible for recruitment and induction of new team members
Your skills and experience
· To be considered, you must have at least 2 years of experience in seafreight,with minimum 1 year in a team leading role. You demonstrate good negotiation and problem solving skills, with a proven track record in process improvement. You are mindful of ensuring a great customer experience, and thrive in a multinational environment.
Good reasons to join
We offer opportunities where you can grow your expertise, shape processes and deliver innovative solutions. We are continuously growing our local and global network and our product portfolio creating career opportunities in different fields of work worldwide. We deliver high quality solutions to our customers and are proud to be a leader in the logistics industry.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tel: Interested parties, please complete your Job Application via KN Careers. Please note that any of your personal data provided through the Job Application Process will be used for recruitment purposes only.
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req37378