Join our dedicated Sea Logistics Operational Care team in Greater Helsinki and play a key role in the transportation of our customers’ goods as they set off on their journey across the globe, ensuring attention to detail and excellent customer service.
As an Operational Care Specialist, you will play a key role in our Sea Logistics department providing Import services for our customers with a particular focus on customs clearance. You will be responsible for executing the customers’ requirements for their shipment in cooperation with the Customer Care Team, ensuring a high level of customer service. You will work closely with your Operational Care colleagues, the Customer Care colleagues and Sales to make sure that customer requirements are understood, checked and accurately processed in the system to ensure the correct and timely transportation of goods.
· Focus on improving customer satisfaction through the accurate inputting of data and processing of shipments in the system(s)
· Import Customs Clarence for our customers’ good arriving in Finland
· Ensure service excellence through a high level of forwarding and market knowledge, ensuring all requests are carried out to the agreed service levels, procedures and Key Performance Indicators
· Co-ordination between the Customer Care team, hauliers and carriers
· Review and ensure alignment of shipping instructions to clarify any deviations or conflicts, for instance with country regulations, compliance or internal pricing information
· Handling all shipments with a high level of care, in line with Kuehne+Nagel guidelines and procedures, and support Customer Care colleagues in the resolution of complaints
· Work with a commercial awareness and maximise revenue gain from all activities
· Ensure compliance with company, industry and legal standards is adhered to across the function; this incorporates Quality, Security, Health & Safety and Environment standards
Your Skills and Experiences
· Strong attention to detail and an ability to problem solve in a busy office environment
· Excellent organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to problem-solve
· Ability to work to the required operational quality standards both through own initiative as well as building strong relationships and collaborating with the team and stakeholders
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to set priorities, fulfil critical tasks on time and keep to deadlines.
· Resilience to manage change, embrace new technologies and quickly understand and execute new processes
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel
· An understanding of the Freight Forwarding business through recent studies or experience, previous experience of working in customs clearance would be an advantage
· Written and spoken fluency in both Finnish and English